Fried Onion Gram And Rice
Lentils And Grams
Lentils And Grams are liked by people from all regions because they are very nutritional and good for health. They add to strength and make active being easily digested can be taken by children and old people as well. There are many forms of these but split Bengal gram, red lentil, French green lentil, green lentil, green gram, kidney bean, dry cowpeas, chickpeas and brown lentil are used mostly. All these grams and lentils are amazing for their nutritional value. And most of them are made with rice. Now here is my recipe do try it.
- 1/2 kg Split Bengal Gram(channa daal)
- 1/2 kg Rice
- 3 medium sized Onion, finely sliced
- 5 big Green chilli, cut in half
- 2 cups Oil
- 1 tbls Ginger, paste
- 1 tbls Garlic, paste
- 3 tbls salt
- 1 1/2 tbls Red chilli, powder
- 1/2 tbls Turmeric, powder
- 1 tbls Ground spice, powder
- Coriander/Mint leaves, chopped
- Chicken cube (optional)
- First of all soak rice and gram separately in water for half and hour.
- Now take s cooker or a deep cooking pot. Add 4 glass of water and gram in it.
- Now add 1 tbs salt, 1 1/2 tbs red chili, half 1/2 sliced onion and ginger garlic paste in it.
- If using pressure cooker cover it for 15 minutes, otherwise cover you pot and cook on slow heat for an hour.
- Open the pressure or pot , When the water is totally absorbed in gram, check if its soft. It should be very soft.
- Now add 1 1/2 glass of water, green chili and ground spice powder.(You can add chicken cube at this stage to improve taste.) ?Cook it till it starts boiling. Take it of the stove.
- Now take a pan add 1 full cup of oil(or butter), put it on stove and add 1 1/2 onion slices. Fry onion till it becomes golden brown.
- Now add this oil and fried onion in cooked gram and cover for 2 seconds. Gram is ready add ground spice powder and chopped coriander or mint leaves for garnish.
- Now for rice take a deep cooking pot. Put it on stove add 1 cup oil and sliced 1 onion. Fry it till it becomes golden brown. Now add 3 glass water, 2 tbs salt and rice. Cook on medium heat when water is absorbed cover this pot and turn the heat slow. After 15 minutes rice will be ready.
- Fried Onion Gram And Rice are ready. Serve with salad (For salad you can take sliced onion, tomatoes, cabbage and green chili for taste add salt and lemon in it).
Nutrition in Split Bengal Gram
Split Bengal Gram comes from chickpeas which are open in half. It has a dull yellow color and in west it is unknown. Chickpeas are a useful source of zinc, folate and protein. These peas are serious to digest. So the split Bengal Gram is full of nutrition and very delicious to eat. It is high in fiber and help to lower cholesterol.Using it with rice surely add to its nutrition enormously. Today's recipe is full of nutrition so its good for all of us, specially people who like traditional food or old and ill folk.