- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Easy Fried Rice: The Perfect Side To Any Dish
Whether you are looking for something new to serve, or looking for a way to use up all those leftovers in your fridge, fried rice is an easy solution.You can add a variety of ingredients and it is delicious on it’s own or served as a side dish.
Fried rice is a versatile dish, the beauty of it being that it can be served as a side dish or a main course, and there are a variety of foods that you can add into your recipe, allowing it to become a new meal each time. Another positive quality of fried rice is that you can make the rice from scratch or you can create a fried rice dish using leftover rice from a previous day. In fact frying up leftover rice is the best way to reheat day old rice, and often times older rice will taste better than freshly cooked rice in a fried rice recipe because a lot of the excess water has evaporated. In summary, fried rice is the perfect dish for any occasion, with many benefits. It’s true value is that it’s adaptable, allowing you to make a simple recipe or add almost anything to spice it up.
You can add a variety of ingredients to make your fried rice dish. Suggestions include vegetables such as:cabbage, radishes, carrots, celery, green/red/ orange peppers, peas, broccoli or cauliflower. Beans like kidney beans, chickpeas, lima beans and/or lentils. Eggs, ground meat, sausages, bacon, chicken and or pork. There are endless possibilities for fried rice dishes!
Fried Rice Recipe With Vegetables
Check Out My Other Recipes!
- 2 cups rice (any type)
- 1 carrot, chopped
- ½ celery stalk, chopped
- 3 green scallions (green onions/shallots), chopped
- 2 cups mixed beans
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- ½ orange or red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- Boil the rice according to it’s specific cooking instructions. Once the rice is cooked, make sure that the water is completely drained. Add a tablespoon of butter and the tablespoon of chicken stock. Mix well and then set aside.
- In a large wok add 2 tablespoons of canola oil. Once the oil is warm, add approximately 3 of the garlic cloves. Cook the garlic lightly, but make sure not to let it turn brown. Then add all the peppers, the yellow and red onions, carrots and the celery. Cover and cook the vegetables approximately 5 minutes or until they become soft. Next add the beans to the wok. Cover and cook another 2 minutes. Empty the vegetable mixture from the wok and set aside. Take the rest of the oil and heat it in the wok. Add the remaining garlic to the oil. Add the rice and fry in the oil and garlic. Add the soy sauce and allow the rice to fry, stirring it to make sure that all of the rice heats evenly, approximately 5 minutes. Now add the fried vegetables mixture the vegetables into the rice. Pour the rice mixture into a large bowl. Add the green onions making sure to mix them well into the rice dish. It is ready to serve.