Frozen Cherry Cream Dessert Recipe
Family Bonding Preparation
Another year has passed since my mother died 5 years ago. It was and it still is our tradition to remember her last day on earth by having a family bonding at home in the Philippines. Remembering how it was with her.
As the eldest child, I (as I´m still here in my home country) had to organize what my siblings and I had to do to make the family get together a success. One of my sisters went to the church to make an appointment for the next day so that the priest could read a mass for my mother. I contacted the friend of my mother to lead the prayer at my mothers grave. I planned, bought and cooked the food with the help of my cousin Jane and my sister-in-law who is living nearby. My siblings were helping me in one way or another. The reception was of course at my house.
As the family bonding was in the afternoon, I did not have to cook much. It was an afternoon snack. There were fried noodles, toasted strawberry jam , tinamburan ( a brown and white milk rice cooked in coconut milk, formed into sausages and packed in banana leaves and steamed), pineapple slices, banana cake, none alcoholic drinks and of course my new recipe.
Frozen Cherry Cream Dessert
- 2 packs all purpose cream, whipped
- 20 pieces or more Graham Crackers
- 1 big can Condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons Cherry liquor
- 100 gram or more Cherry fillings
- margarine, for spreading
- 50 grams or more chocolate, grated
What is a cherry cake without a cherry liquor? It is not yummy when you just flavor your cherry cake with a vanilla flavoring. It lacks authenticity. Try this and you will love the taste of your cherry cake.
Other things you need:
- Electric mixer or hand mixer
- Baking form, 30x20 cm
- Silicon brush or just a normal baking brush
- Weighing scale
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Can opener
Step by StepClick thumbnail to view full-size
I love Cherry Fillings from the can. I use this when I am in my home country Philippines, when I am making my black forest cake. Cherries are not growing in the Philippines and so it is expensive to buy fresh cherries. This cherry filling is delicious for making my cherry cake. I loved it.
Step by Step
- Prepare a 30x20cm baking form by spreading it with margarine . For the first layer, arrange 10 pieces of Graham Crackers or as much as you need, inside the baking form. It depends on how big the crackers are.
- With the use of silicon or any kind of baking brush, spread one tablespoon of cherry liqour on top of the Graham Crackers. Leave some cherry liqour for the second layer and for the cream mixture.
- Add half of the cherry fillings on top of the flavoured Grahams Crackers.
- Whip the all purpose cream with the condensed milk with an electric mixer or a hand mixer. Add 1 tablespoon of cherry liqour as a flavouring.
- Put 1/2 of the whipped cream mixture on top of the cherry fillings. Spread them neatly with the use of spatula.
- For the second layer: Arrange the remaining Graham Crackers on top of the whipped cream mixture. Brush the remaining cherry liqour on top. Add some cherry fillings and cover it with the remaining whipped cream. With the use of spatula, spread it neatly on the baking form. Sprinkle grated chocolate on top and decorate it with either fresh cherries or some cherries from the cherry fillings.
- Cover the finished product with alufoil and freeze it for at least 3 hours or overnight. It will be like a frozen cake. Enjoy!
How To Cut Cake or Dessert
Tips on Making Frozen Cherry Cream Dessert
- If you don´t like condensed milk, you can substitute it with refined sugar. Just add 50 gram sugar first to the all purpose cream and try if it is sweet enough for you. If it´s not, just add more to your liking. Whip the cream and the sugar, but don´t make it stiff. Just make it a bit creamy and spreadable.
- The servings is for 15 persons, but it depends anyway on how big your slice is.
- Always get the frozen cherry cream desert a few minutes out from the freezer before you serve it.
- Cut the frozen cherry by dipping the sharp knife into a hot water and wipe it with a clean towel or kitchen paper before cutting. Do it every time you cut the dessert as long as it is still hard to cut.
The family bonding was a great success. Everybody enjoyed it especially the young children who were playing around the garden. I was contented. There was not much for me to eat for the next day. Thanks to the family for that;-) That means the food was yummy to eat. Until next time. Who knows what comes into my mind!
Thanks for stopping by.
Tinamburan, A Filipino Dessert
Other Recipes From the Same Author
- Fruit Snack Mix Recipe
Fruit Snack Mix is one of the healthiest snack you can eat whether you are at home, in the office, in a picnic or as a take away for your kids in going to school.
- How To Make Baguette Sandwiches
I have been working in a cafeteria for about 7 years and I thought I would write recipes on how to make baguette sandwiches. It is so easy to make and cheap as well.
- How To Make Croissant Sandwiches
Have you eaten such a delicious Croissant Sandwiches? Well, here are a few easy homemade Croissant Sandwiches even a child can make at home.
© 2013 Thelma Alberts