- Food and Cooking
Fun Thanksgiving Appetizer recipes
Thanksgiving is an American national holiday that is celebrated every year on the fourth Thursday of November. While other holidays might highlight different activities, Thanksgiving is all about thefood. Thanksgiving is the time to enjoy the company of your family, friends, relatives and moreover it is a time for fun and that includes Thanksgiving appetizer. You have lots of option for this day but still you will need simple but tasty fun thanksgiving appetizer recipes around to keep the guests happy while you make something in kitchen for a last minute. The best way to start off the festivities is with a nice selection of appetizers. Here are some of the healthful appetizers, which will definitely make your Thanksgiving dinner even more special. Moreover these are easy to cook and very tasteful too.
1. Thanksgiving sugar coated pecan recipe:
These sweet pecans are wonderful snacks for thanksgiving appetizers.
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Cooking method for thanksgiving sugar coated pecan recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease one baking sheet.
2. In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
3. Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake at 250 degrees F for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.
2. Thanksgiving turkey nachos recipe:
Chunks of leftover turkey are a tasty addition to this thick and cheesy dip. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to satisfy a hungry crowd.
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- Tortilla chips
Cooking method for thanksgiving turkey nachos recipe:
Combine soup and salsa in a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl. Stir in turkey; cook until heated through. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Check out these thanksgiving recipes
3.Thanksgiving Vegetable Puff Recipe
Golden puffed pastries are filled with a feta cheese and vegetable mixture. The recipe is for Vegetable Puffs. Similarly you can prepare Egg Puffs or Chicken puffs by substituting vegetable curry with eggs (boiled, sliced and pepper and salt added) or chicken curry.
These can be made ahead, and popped into the oven after your guests arrive. However, it is best to eat it fresh made. Enjoy the curry puffs while they are warm or they might lose the crispness.
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- mixed vegetables, potato pieces and spices in oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (17.5 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 teaspoon water
Cooking method for thanksgiving feta cheese foldovers recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a small bowl, blend feta cheese, vegetables, potatoes, green onions, and egg.
3. Cut each pastry sheet with a knife or pizza cutter into 9 square pieces. You can first cut along the folded edges of the sheet to divide it into 3 parts and then cut 3 squares in each part ending up with 9 square pieces.
4. Place a mounded tablespoon of mixture from step 2 in the center of each square. Moisten edges with water, and fold pastry over filling to form a triangle. Press edges together firmly with a fork to seal. Lightly brush pastries with the egg yolk mixture.
5. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
6. Turn over the pastries and bake for another 15 minutes or until the pastry puffs up and turns golden brown.
7. Get ready to relish the flaky, tasty curry puffs with tomato ketchup or sauce!
4. Thanksgiving corn fritters recipe:
Nothing warms up a cool night like a plateful of old-time corn fritters. This is a great recipe for thanksgiving dinner.
PREP TIME 10 Min
COOK TIME 20 Min
READY IN 30 Min
Corn fritter recipe yield 1 dozen fritters
- 3 cups oil for frying
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon shortening, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
Cooking method for thanksgiving corn fritters recipe:
1. Heat oil in a heavy pot or deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Beat together egg, milk, and melted shortening; stir into flour mixture. Mix in the corn kernels.
3. Drop fritter batter by spoonfuls into the hot oil, and fry until golden. Drain on paper towels.
5. Thanksgiving spinach shrimp dip recipe
- 10 oz pkg chopped frozen spinach
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tbs horseradish
- 1 pkg Knorr vegetable soup mix [no subs]
- 8 oz water chestnuts, well drained and chopped
- 4 tbs finely chopped red onions
- 2 cups cooked peeled baby shrimp
- 1 round loaf pumpernickel bread
Cooking method for thanksgiving spinach shrimp dip recipe:
1. Thaw spinach and squeeze out as much water as possible.
2. Combine spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise and horseradish.
3. Stir in dry soup mix, chopped water chestnuts and onion; stir well.
4. Chill for at least 2 hours.
5. Before serving, stir shrimp into mixture.
6.Thanksgiving cheese ball recipe:
This easy cheese ball is made with a chopped pecan coating. Serve with your favorite crackers.
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Cooking method for Thanksgiving cheese ball pecan:
1. Combine first cheese, pecans, mayonnaise, chopped onion, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a large mixing bowl; beat at low speed of an electric mixer until well blended. Shape mixture into a ball and roll in 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Chill for about 2 hours. Serve with assorted crackers.
2. Makes one cheese ball, about 5 inches in diameter.