- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Herbs & Spices
Goalondohi Chicken Curry
Goalondo Chicken Curry Recipe
One can find the root of this rustic chicken curry in to Dhaka and Bikrampur area of east Bengal of undivided India. It is mainly cooked by boat man during their traveling in river Padma and Meghna. So it is not only teasty but also simple one.
- 750 g chicken , curry cut pieces
- 5-6 onion , coarsely chopped
- 2 tbs garlic paste
- 2 tbs ginger , paste
- 3-4 green chillies , coarsely chopped ( or as per your taste)
- 1/2 tbs turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbs red chillie powder (as per taste)
- 1 cup mustard oil (it is mandatory, wood pressed mustard can be use for healthy purpose)
- salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken with half of the chopped onion, add all the other ingredients, add 1/2 cup mustard oil and keep aside for an hour.
- Other half of the taken chopped onions and mustard oil should keep aside as it was necessary for the next step of the cooking.
- Heat your pan, add the rest mustard oil. One can add dry spices i.e garam mashala. But as per traditional way it is not necessary. So if anyone wants, can avoid it.
- Add the left over chopped onions and fry it untill its turn into light pink ,
- add the marinated chicken to it.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook on a low flame till the chicken is tender.
- Meanwhile salt should be chacked. If necessary one can add salt as per their taste.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.