- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
This is such an easy weeknight meal to make, it is so versatile that you can serve it as a side with any meat dish or serve it as the main course. I like to serve it with a baked potato and garlic bread. You can add crushed red peppers to spice it up. This is an excellent dish to take for lunches.
Heart Shaped Emerald Pendant
- 1 (16 oz) pkg Campanelle Pasta
- 1/2 head Broccoli, florets
- 1 c Cauliflower, florets
- 1-1/2 c Mini Carrots
- 1/2 large Green Pepper, julienne or chopped
- 1/2 large Red Pepper, julienne or chopped
- 1 c Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 3 c Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 stick (4 Tbs) Butter or Margarine
- 1/2 c Skim Milk
- Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Crushed Red Peppers, (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain
- Chop all vegetables. Melt butter in a large dutch oven, place broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, onion and garlic in melted butter and stir to coat. Cover and cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add peppers and cover and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until all vegetables are crisp tender.
- Stir pasta, milk and 2 cups of cheese into the vegetable mixture, cover and let cook on low heat until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Spread the remaining cup of cheese on top, replace the lid and let sit until the cheese on top is melted.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese and crushed red peppers.