Garlic Injera Ethiopian Flat Bread
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
Ready in: 25 min
Yields: Serves Four
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 brown egg
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of fresh cracked pepper
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the water, egg and 4 cloves of minced garlic.
- Mix all of the ingredients together thoroughly. The mixture should be very thin, much like a crepe batter.
- Let the batter relax for a minute while you heat up a small skillet. Once the skillet is hot, you can add a tiny bit of olive oil or coconut oil to the pan. I normally skip that and the batter doesn't stick, so it's not mandatory.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the center of the pan. Shift and rotate the pan, to evenly distribute the batter.
- The batter will cook very quickly. Once the batter is bubbly and looks firm, flip it. Each flat bread takes roughly a minute to cook completely on both sides.
- Stack the flat bread on a pretty plate and serve.