- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Garlic Stuffed Roasted Chicken
Chicken For Garlic Lovers
For anyone who likes garlic, this chicken recipe is for you. The thing I like most about this chicken is that you can use as much garlic or as little as you want. As I always say, "The more garlic the better."
All you will need to make this recipe is one whole roasting chicken, fresh garlic cloves, and fresh ground pepper.
Tips on how to easily peel a garlic clove
Break away the cloves from the garlic bulb. Hold both ends the clove between your thumb and fore finger. Give it a twist. You should find that the skin is then easily peeled off.
Using a garlic peeler is another method that works quite well. Simply put the clove in the peeler and roll on the counter top. This breaks the skin away from the clove.
- 1 Whole Roasting Chicken
- 12 - 15 cloves of garlic peeled
- Fresh ground pepper
Preparing and roasting the chicken
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Wash the chicken under cold water and pat dry.
- Peel and slice the garlic cloves into 3-4 slices depending on how large the actual cloves are.
- Slightly and gently lift the skin of the chicken and insert the garlic cloves throughout the chicken where you can lift the skin. We really enjoy the taste of garlic so I tend to use quite a bit. Don't be afraid to use too much as one can never use too much garlic.
- Add fresh ground pepper to the cavity of the chicken and any leftover cloves that were not placed under the skin.
- In a roasting pan lay several stocks of celery in the bottom of the pan. Using celery will make clean up a lot easier. Add a cup of water and place the chicken on top of the celery. Add more fresh ground pepper to the top of the chicken.
- Place in oven for the half an hour and forty-five minutes.
- Baste the chicken with the drippings in the bottom of the pan and continue cooking until the internal temperature has reached 160°-170°.
- Remove from oven and place on a cutting board or platter. Tent with foil for ten minutes before carving.
- Serve and enjoy.
Learn More about Garlic and the Garlic Grater
- Garlic For Your Health Hair And More
Eating garlic or foods with garlic is very beneficial to your health and well being. Not only does it lower your blood pressure but it also improves your circulation and has many vitamins.
Other Chicken Recipes You May Enjoy
- Honey Garlic Chicken Made With Two Ingredients
Easy to follow recipe that can be on the table in forty five minutes. Made with a honey garlic sauce making the chicken moist and flavorful.
- Beer Can Chicken Made On Your Barbecue Grill
This recipe for beer can chicken makes the chicken juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- Chicken Flamingo - My Favorite Copycat Recipe!
My husband's favorite dish is Chicken Flamingo from Pasta House. He said, "if you learn to make that - I will marry you!" I did learn to make it - and I have adapted it and perfected it. Don't forget - "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach
© 2012 Susan Zutautas