- Food and Cooking»
Excellent Wine and Vodka Cocktails
Are looking for some elegant, yet robust cocktails to impress your friends, or simply satisfy yourself after a hard week? The following are two elegant, yet hearty Cocktails, made from a blend of Vodka, fruit juice, and wine.
Gentleman's Vodka and Orange Juice
A unique and classy spin on an old classic. Making a Gentleman's Vodka and Orange Juice requires...
2 Small Fresh Oranges or Tangerines (if you do not have full oranges, feel free to use 2oz of store bought orange juice)
2oz White Wine
- Feel free to use white wine of your choice. When I made this I used a nice Chardonay, and it blended wonderfully. Another excellent option would be a Riesling, which has a spectacular, semi-sweet taste, perfectly capable of complimenting the tangy flavor of the orange juice.
How to make
- Juice the Oranges and strain pulp (if desired).
- Mix approximately 2oz of orange juice with white wine and stir.
- Pour mixture into either a white wine or martini glass and add Vodka. Either stir or allow drink to settle, and enjoy!
This is a delightful, tangy, fruity drink perfect for cocktail party or simply relaxing a hot saturday afternoon. It is also a great drink to introduce to all the extraordinary geeks in your life, as is named after the capital city of the planet Krypton, home planet of The Man of Steel: Superman's. The drink takes it's name for it's deep red color, reflecting the shade the powerful red sun of Krypton.;
3oz Cranberry juice
2oz Red Wine
- For this, I recommend a strong, dark wine, such as a Merlot. The sweet tangy flavor of the cranberry juice, really complements the strength and robust taste of a good dry wine.
Mix Cranberry Juice with Red wine. Pour into a red wine glass. Add Vodka, allow a few moments to settle, and enjoy!
- Additional suggestion: If you are serving this drink to all the extraordinary geeks in your life, try serving it in either a pilsner glass or a champagne glass. The tall, thin, unique shapes of those glasses gives a little nerdy, alien feel to this otherwise elegant, classy cocktail.