- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Potato Soup Recipe - The Modern Method of Cooking Using a Power Pressure Cooker XL or Insta Pot
Rate this Potato Soup Recipe
Cooking Potato Soup in 20 minutes with the Modern Method of Cooking using a Power Pressure Cooker XL, an Electric Mandoline and a Microwave Bacon Crisper
These kitchen gadgets, appliances and utensils make cooking fun again.
Modern Method of Cooking
Without these tools - This Potato Soup Recipe would have taken at least 2 1/2 hours to prepare and cook - Not with all the wonderful tools that are available today. In my video - you will find just how fast and easy it can be. Cook and Prep Time was less than 45 Minutes.
- The Electric Power Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot is making my life easier in the kitchen. I can prepare a nutritious soup in less than 20 minutes and the pressure cooker seals in all the vitamins and nutrients.
- I cooked the bacon with the BaconBoss - Cooks crispy bacon in the Microwave in about 5 minutes. This microwave bacon crisper keeps the grease from splattering inside the microwave, and allows the bacon grease to drain away from the bacon. Clean up is a breeze-dishwasher safe. Just drain the bacon grease into a disposable glass container. Rinse the bacon cooker/crisper and place in the dishwasher.
- The Electric Mandoline-has to be one of my favorite kitchen appliances. It allows you to slice, chop, and dice all your vegetables within minutes. Easy to clean as the blades are dishwasher safe. (Safety tip-never insert blades with the Mandoline plugged in). See instructional video below.
My title says it all "The Modern Method of Cooking" Brings the joy of healthy wholesome home cooked meals back into our family life.
Microwaves, Dishwashers, Bacon Crisper, Electric Food Chopper, Electric Pressure Cooker. Oh My! How did our mothers and grandmothers do it without all these fantastic tools?
This German Potato Soup recipe is from my Mother Johanna (Oma) Blanchette.
Modern Method of Cooking with Kitchen Gadgets & Appliances that will be a must have for anyone's kitchen
Cook Time for Potato Soup
Recipe for Potato Soup
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 large potatos, chopped
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp marjoram, chopped
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 tsp Maggie
- 2 Tbs margine
- 2 Tbs flour
- 4 to 5 cups water
Cooking instructions for Potato Soup
- Place, celery, onions, carrots, potatoes, beef bouillon cubes, parsley, marjoram in the electric power pressure cooker. Cover vegetables with 4 to 5 cups of water. Do not fill pressure cooker past the fill line marked inside the pot.
- Set the power pressure cooker to chicken/meat. Bring to a boil.
- Place lid on power pressure cooker, and set to soup/stew. Set the timer to 15 minutes.
- Cook raw bacon until crisp. Set aside.
- Make a Roux to thicken soup. Place two tablespoons of margarine in skillet, slowly add two Tbsp of flour to the skillet and brown, add water from the soup mixture to create a Roux.
- Mash the potatoes and vegetables to cream the soup. Add the Roux to the soup mixture, and crumbled bacon, sprinkle about a tsp of Maggie into the soup mixture. Set the power pressure cooker to chicken/meat bring to a second boil. Press the keep warm button on the power pressure cooker and serve.
- Suggestions: Serve with a slice of German Bavarian bread or grilled cheese sandwiches. Add salt & pepper, and add Maggi to soup -- to your taste.
Photos of German Potato SoupClick thumbnail to view full-size
Power Pressure Cooker
Safety Tips when cooking with the Electric Power Pressure Cooker
Here are a few safety tips to keep in mind when using the power pressure cooker.
While the Electric Power Pressure Cooker is safer than your Grandmother's stove top pressure cooker there are a few things to keep in mind.
Even though there are several safety features built in to your pressure cooker. I strongly recommend that you read your owners manual to The Electric Power Pressure Cooker XL and Rice cookers.
1). Do not let children near the pressure cooker during the cooking process.
2). When using the power pressure cooker place the cooker in a location in your kitchen that will allow the steam to vent away from people, appliances, cabinets, windows or any other item that can be damaged from releasing the steam.
3). NEVER fill the pressure cooker above the MAX fill line.
4). Keep hands away from vent value.
5). Unlike stove top pressure cookers the vent value will not rock and spray steam. The Electric power pressure cooker will hold all the steam inside the pot. If steam is in fact escaping during the cooking process the value is not in the proper position. Using an oven mitt - Carefully adjust vent value until steam is no longer spraying from the the lid.
6). The power pressure cooker has several built in safety features.
- LID SAFETY LOCK
- PRESSURE & TEMPERATURE SENSOR CONTROLS - To maintain even heat and pressure by automatically activating or deactivating the power supply.
- BACK-UP SAFETY RELEASE VALVE - If the temperature and pressure sensor malfunctions and the pressure builds beyond the maximum --the the back up will kick in and release the pressure.
- CLOG RESISTANT FEATURE - This prevents food from blocking the steam release port. Be sure so clean the port after each use.
- SPRING-LOADED SAFETY PRESSURE RELEASE - Should all safety features listed above fail, this “spring-loaded” device located beneath the heating element will automatically lower the INNER POT, causing it to separate automatically from the RUBBER GASKET This will enable the steam and pressure to automatically escape around the pot LID, avoiding a dangerous situation.
- TEMPERATURE CUT-OFF DEVICE - Should the unit malfunction and cause the internal temperature to rise beyond the “Safe” limit, this device will cut-off the power supply and will not automatically reset.
IMPORTANT: Always remove the Pressure Release Valve and clean the opening with pin to remove any blockage that might have occurred during the cooking process.
Microwave Bacon Crisper
Here is another great Potato Soup Recipe
- Recipe Creamy Potato Bacon Soup Like Tim Hortons
Recipe for potato bacon soup that is just like Tim Hortons or even better. Easy and fast to make.
© 2015 Brigitte Thompson