Ginger Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
Rate this recipe please!
This recipe has a good kick from the ginger and ground black pepper. It is a cinch to make, and it is so tasty. There are different flavors and textures that make this a very appetizing dish. Fresh ground gingerroot is the key.
- 1/2 c soy sauce
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TBSP corn starch
- 1 TBSP dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 2 lb top sirloin, sliced in thin strips
- 1 onion, sliced in thin strips
- 2 heads broccoli
- 2 tsp fresh ground gingerroot
- Combine soy sauce, lemon juice, cornstarch, brown sugar, garlic, and black pepper in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Using a wok or deep skillet, heat 1 TBSP of vegetable oil over medium-hight heat. Stir-fry the beed strips until ALMOST cooked through, leave a little pink--this is about 2 minutes of cook time. Transfer beef to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining vegetable oil to the wok or skillet; stir-fry the onion strips for about 5 minutes. Cut broccoli heads down to florets (about 4 cups) and add to the onions. Pour in 1/2 cup of water, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add your beef strips and pour the soy sauce mixture over the stir-fry. Add the gingerroot. Bring to a boil and stir constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot over thin egg noodles or rice.