How to Make Glazed Ham: Recipe for Well Cooked Glazed Ham
How To Make Glazed Ham - Recipe for Well Cooked Glazed Ham with photos
It's nice to display a glazed ham on your Holiday table.
How To Make Glazed Ham - Recipe For Well Cooked Glazed Ham
GLAZED HAM - Would you like a recipe for how to make glazed ham well cooked? If yes, then this is the ham recipe for you.
- This pork recipe for a sweet and savory glazed ham is really nice for special occasions such as Christmas day.
- It feels special to present meat like this glazed ham on the table for the family.
- Be sure that you have many people to serve the glazed ham to or consider freezing leftovers.
There are various examples for what you can do with glazed ham leftovers such as cooking ham fettuccine or making ham sandwiches.
- Brown sugar,
- and butter
are all good for using as the glaze on your glazed ham. A combination of the three works well. It is what I use. The glazed ham tastes great.
Brown sugar, honey and butter can be used to glaze the ham.
Cooking glazed ham for a 1/2 hour per pound of meat will make it very well done
Personally, I like to cook a very well done glazed ham that still remains moist and tender.
- As a general rule, cooking the glazed ham for 1/2 hour per pound of meat is good.
- A 6 pound glazed ham would need to cook for 3 hours.
- That is at 350 degrees in a preheated oven.
I use a cured bone in ham to prepare this glazed ham.
Fully cooked ham
Very well done ham
Glazed Ham Nutrition Facts (Source: www.myfooddiary.com/foods/4965906/spiral-ham-sliced-and-glazed
|Serving size: 3 oz (general)|
|Calories from Fat||63|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 7 g||11%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Protein 16 g||32%|
|Sodium 960 mg||40%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Garnishing a ham with cloves or another type of garnish
Traditionally, cloves can be used to garnish a ham.
- You can easily add this item to your grocery list and pick it up at the supermarket when you are planning to cook the ham.
- If it is a spice that you frequently keep on hand in your pantry anyway, that's good too.
When I realized that I had no cloves I did not run out to the store however. I had too much cooking of various dishes to do that day ( Christmas of last year) so I simply sprinkled some parsley on top.
Oh, well. Nevertheless, the ham was still a hit and very delicious.
Cloves are often used as garnish on top of a ham. You can also try using parsley to sprinkle on top of the glazed ham, like I did.
Cooking ham as a Christmas tradition
In your family, is it a Christmas tradition to cook a ham?
Please rate this glazed ham recipe
" BROWN SUGAR AND HONEY GLAZED BAKED HAM - How to Bake a Glazed Ham Recipe "
" The Best Christmas Ham on YouTube: How to Make "
© 2011 Nyesha Pagnou MPH