- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Gluten Free Pecan Chicken Recipe. Pecan Crusted Chicken in a Creamy White Wine Sauce
My mom is the master of gluten free cooking, and so when she calls me up with a recipe that she really likes, I know that I’ve got to try it.
This easy chicken dish is completely Celiac disease friendly, but I’m not writing it up because of that, I’m writing it up because it tastes great, whether you have a problem with wheat or not.
Pecan Chicken in a White Wine Mustard Sauce (for 4)
- 4 biggish skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ cup of pecans, finely chopped (about the consistency of kosher salt is right. Use your food processor to achieve this, if you aren’t buying already chopped nuts, using the pulse function, to avoid over processing. If you do over-process, you will end up with pecan butter…which won’t work at all here!)
- ¾ cup of cornstarch
- 2 Tbls of Dijon mustard
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of white wine
- Pepper, freshly cracked
- A little vegetable oil for sautéing
- Preheat a nice heavy skillet or frying pan over medium
- Have your egg beaten in a bowl at the ready and your cornstarch and nuts mixed together evenly across a plate
- Dip each chicken breast in the beaten egg, making sure that the chicken gets completely coated and then dredge each chicken breast in the nut/cornstarch mixture, turning each breast to coat it completely in the tasty nuts
- Heat a Tbls or 2 of vegetable oil in the skillet and when hot, add in the chicken breasts
- Fry for 4,5 or 6 minutes or so per side (depending on the thickness) and then flip over, cooking until cooked through. Watch the heat carefully throughout, as the nuts will burn if fried too aggressively.
- Reserve chicken breasts to a plate while you make the sauce.
- To make the sauce, pour 1 cup of wine into a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat, boiling until the wine has reduced by half. Stir in the cream and the mustard and bring to a simmer again. If any juices have escaped from the resting/reserved chicken breasts, pour these into the sauce as well. Taste for seasoning and salt and pepper as needed.
- To serve, place one pecan crusted chicken breast on each plate and spoon the wine sauce liberally over the top.
A beautiful gluten free chicken dinner - Fancy tasting and elegant looking, but easy as pie, really.
Or, Forget the Sauce and Use the Chicken for a Salad!
More Celiac Friendly Recipes
- 5 Minute Gluten Free Cheesecake - So Easy, So Good!
Well, I have certainly plumped up while here at home visiting my folks - but I do it all in the name of research! And so I can proudly say that any of my mom's gluten free recipes that I post have been well...
- Gluten free banana lemon loaf. The best ever gluten ...
www.goldenpearcafe.com Both my mom and my sister are gluten intolerant, which when combined with my sister's food allergies can make family cooking a bit more challenging. My mom is a good cook, and she's...
- Gluten Free Pie Crust Recipe and Tricks
Pie crust – not easy to make well at the best of times, and add in the challenges of gluten free cooking, and most wheat avoiders might think their pie baking days were over. But it can be done! And in...