- Food and Cooking»
- Dietary Restrictions»
- Dietary Restrictions for Health
Gluten-Free Potato Pancakes
Rate this Dish
- 1 cup Bisquick Gluten Free Mix
- 2 cups mashed potatoes, chilled, (great for leftovers!)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- salt to taste
- mix ins
- Heat your griddle to medium/medium-low while you mix the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Spoon or pour mixture onto your griddle into whatever size pancakes you prefer. For non-stick pans the oil in the mix is enough to keep the cake from sticking.
- Be patient! I ruined my first half dozen because these take longer to cook than regular pancakes. if you don't wait you will be scraping the yummy browned parts off your pan into the garbage.
- Flip the pancakes once they have cooked most of the way through- they should release from the pan easily.
- Brown the flip side for about a minute before removing them from the pan.
I think my favorite part of these is that they make wonderful lighter, savory pancakes. As an added bonus they help stretch your gluten free mix, which is very budget friendly.
You can mix in just about anything you would add to an omelet to sneak in some veggies. My favorite is cheddar, bacon and onion, but mushrooms, bell pepper, ham, or diced tomatoes would work great as well.