- Food and Cooking»
- Dietary Restrictions»
- Dietary Restrictions for Health
Gluten Free Recipe - Yellow Rice and Beans
This is a delicious and healthy meal, incorporating most of the food groups. It can be made quickly, and you can refrigerate the leftovers and enjoy it for days! This is a favorite recipe of my family, and can be adapted to your tastes. Feel free to experiment with this! Enjoy!!
Rice and Beans
- 2 cups White Rice
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 can (15.5 oz) Red Kidney Beans
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Diced Tomatoes
- 3-4 packets Sazon Seasoning (with azafran), 3 if not cooking with meat/4 if cooking with meat
- 1 lb Ground Beef, If desired, or you can use an equivalent amount of soy crumbles
- As desired Jalapenos, Hot Sauce, Corn
- If cooking with ground beef: Put the ground beef into a pan and heat over a medium flame. Pour a packet of Sazon over the beef and stir frequently, until all of the beef is browned. This can also be done with soy crumbles instead of meat, if you are vegetarian.
- Place 4 cups of water into a pot with 2 packets of Sazon and the teaspoon of oil. Heat water to boiling, and pour in 2 cups of rice. Return the water to a boil. Lower the heat and cover the pot, stirring every minute, for approximately 20 minutes. All the liquid should be absorbed and the rice should be soft.
- Open the can of beans and drain the liquid. Pour them into a pot with the tomatoes and a packet of Sazon, and heat on low, stirring occasionally. If you’d like, add some jalapenos or corn to the beans.
- Serve the rice, topped with ground beef, beans, and tomatoes. Top with hot sauce if you like your food a little spicy. Enjoy!!