Vegan Gluten and Sugar-Free Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream
- 6 whole avocados, medium to large size, not overly ripe
- 2 cups pure organic cocoa powder*, or vegan chocolate protein powder
- 2 Cups Splenda*, or sugar-free sweetner
- 0.5 Cups water
*Mix in a 1:1 ratio
Optional: organic vanilla extract
1. Combine the dry cocoa powder and sweetener and mix well. Make sure there are no clumps, I suggest using a fork or sifting through a fine strainer.
2. Scoop out the flesh of the avocados into a mixing bowl and mash them. I suggest using a potato masher.
3. Boil about 1/2 cup of water and pour about a tablespoons worth into the dry ingredients. Mix until consistency is like melted chocolate. You can add a teaspoon of vanilla extract at this point if you would like.
4. Add the chocolate mix to the mashed avocados and blend in a blender, adding some of the water, until you reach a thick, smooth, and creamy consistency.
5. Freeze for 2-3 hours.
6. Thaw slightly to serve and enjoy!
Bonus: blend with frozen fruit for an awesome milkshake!!
About the author
I am a forensic science (soon to be graduated) student in Canada. I have a passion for food, genetics, animals, and the gym. I have a gluten allergy that prevents me from enjoying the nicest things in the food world and my partner has a lactose allergy. This recipe fits the budget for both of us to enjoy something naughty (but not)!
© 2018 Sarah H