Golden Yellow Cake
You will need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ²/³ cups sugar
1tbpn. plus ½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1¼ cups milk, divided
²/³ cup Crisco Shortening or Butter Flavor Crisco
1 tsp. vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans or 13 X 9 X 2-inch pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Mix dry ingredients at low speed of electric mixer until thoroughly combined.
- Add 3/4 cup milk, and Crisco Shortening or Butter Flavor Crisco to dry ingredients. Mix at low speed until moistened, about 20 seconds. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Scrape sides of bowl as needed.
- Add eggs, remaining 1/2 cup milk and vanilla. Mix at low speed for 20 seconds. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Scrape bowl as needed. Pour into pan(s)
- Bake at 350°: two 9-inch for 30 to 35 minutes. 13 X 9-inch for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on cooling racks 10-15 minutes. Remove from pan(s). Cool completely on racks before frosting. Frost as desired
One two layer cake or 13 X 9-inch cake.