Gordon Ramsey Hamburger Recipe
Best Burger Recipe
Everyone loves a good juicy tasty burger but not all recipes are the same. The Gordon Ramsey hamburger recipe is a favorite in our household. It will transform ordinary ground beef into some of the best tasting hamburgers you have ever eaten. They are easy to prepare and with a few simple tips, you will soon become a master burger maker.
"This burger beats the hell out of a Big Mac"
Chef Ramsey Burger Recipe
- 4 Hamburger buns
- 1 Tomato (sliced)
- Dill pickle (optional)
- Slice of cheese (optional)
- 1 lbs Ground Beef
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Hot sauce
- 1/2 cup Onions, (minced)
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tsp Cumin or Cayenne Pepper
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Make sure all the ingredients are mixed evenly. Form thick patties on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove sheet from freezer. Cook burgers on medium heat. Approximately 3-5 minutes per side.
- Toast or grill the hamburger buns. Serve burger with lettuce and tomato slice. Pickle on the side.
Chef Ramsey helps out some hungry firefighters
Gordon Ramsay Cookbook
- Buy the leanest ground beef as possible. 80/20 Ground Round is good. We recommend 90/10 Ground Sirloin. Ground sirloin has less fat, more protein. It is healthier and tastes better.
- Worcestershire sauce is key in the Gordon Ramsey hamburger recipe. It adds a special taste to the burger. Never skip this ingredient.
- Hot sauce adds zing or kick. Some people prefer a less spicy burger. This ingredient is optional.
- Finely chop the onion. In cooking terms, this is referred to as minced. Minced onions mix more evenly in the burger mixture.
- Ketchup may seem to be an ordinary ingredient for a world class chef like Gordon Ramsey. Trust us, ketchup makes this recipe taste better.
- Take it easy with salt and pepper as well as other spices. Many burger recipes suggest using a wide variety of spices. Take a lesson from Chef Ramsey’s recipe and avoid over-spicing this burger.
- Cheese is a common addition to many burger recipes. Try this recipe without cheese. The idea is to celebrate the taste of burger, not hide or mask it with cheese and other toppings.
- We cannot stress enough the importance of mixing the ingredients thoroughly and evenly.
- Making thick patties is also important. We cannot explain it but thick patties cook better and taste better.
- The trick of freezing the patties for ten minutes really works. It helps the burgers cook better and not fall apart on the grill or in the pan.
- Avoid cooking these burgers on high heat. Because of the thicker patties, these burgers require a longer cooking time. Lower the cooking heat and allow them to cook more naturally.
- Grilling or toasting the bun is a nice touch. It makes the burger look better. Remember, we “eat with our eyes” and a plate that looks delicious will in turn taste delicious.
Gordon Ramsey Hamburger Recipe Final Results
Making it Taste Better
We often offer suggestions to our readers on optional ingredients to make recipes taste better and give recipes a personal touch. But in the case of the Gordon Ramsey Hamburger recipe, we believe you should try it “as-is”. See below for links to other Celebrity Chef burger recipes.
Gordon Ramsay Cookware
Our Burger Poll
Who Makes the Best Fast Food Burger?
Alternative Recipe from Kitchen Nightmares TV Show
Other Celebrity Chef Burger Recipes
- Emeril's Recipe: Simple Seasoned-Just-Right Beef Burgers
Emeril's simple seasoned-just-right beef burgers. Check out our recipe for simple seasoned-just-right beef burgers.
- Guy Fieri's Winning Mac 'n' Cheese Bacon Burger
Guy Fieri really is the mayor of Flavortown. At the New York City Wine & Food Festival's annual Burger Bash, Fieri's mac 'n' cheese bacon burger won the People's Choice award in a first-time tie with the reigning champ,
- Big Blue Burgers Recipe : Rachael Ray
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Food Network Big Blue Burgers recipe from Rachael Ray.
Gordon Ramsay Top Chef Knives
© 2013 Robert Loescher