Gorgeous Fresh Tomato Salad
Mama Knows Best
This beauty is a recipe that comes from my mom. This is a salad I ate often as a kid, as it made quite a few appearances on the table. It was frequently served for dinner in the summertime, when the local tomatoes were booming. It compliments well with any grilled meat, fresh green vegetable and fresh crusty bread. Steak and asparagus in particular, I think all of these flavors just go so well together and create an impressive dish. Very fresh, very delicious and quite healthy too! You can even add some fresh cheeses to give it a different variation. I suggest cubed fresh Mozzarella, crumbled Gorgonzola or Feta. Yum!!
- 5-6 Fresh Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Wash and dry the tomatoes.
- Slice the tomatoes into 1 inch wedges, place in a medium size serving bowl and set aside. Slice garlic and add to tomato bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss together to coat the tomatoes evenly.
- Add Italian Seasoning, Salt and Pepper to taste. Toss again. Serve at room temperature.
* Get the best looking tomatoes you can find, the fresher and more flavorful the better. Since this is a salad and the tomatoes will not be cooked. You really want to make sure you have the best ingredients possible.