- Food and Cooking
Gram flour (Besan coated)Battered Pan Fried Fish
Here comes another recipe for sea food lovers out there. Those who have seen my recipes know that there is always a 'Desi' touch to all my recipes of fish as I cannot stand the 'fishiness' of fish so I take help of aromatic Indian spices to make it agreeable and not smell fishy if you know what I mean by 'fishiness' it is that fish like smell in the flesh of fish from all the protein it is blessed with.
In the following recipe I used Tilapia which is just a personal preference. Pamphret ,cod and other fleshy varieties do just as fine.
- 8-10 pieces Fish Fillets or pieces, Tilapia or Cod or one of your choice.
- 1 1/2 cup Gram flour, Besan / Chickpea Flour
- 1/2 tsp CAROM seeds, Ground
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds, Ground powder
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds powder
- 1 Tbsp Ginger paste, or powder
- 1 Tbsp Garlic paste, or powder
- 1 tsp Salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/4tsp Dry Methi leaves (Fenugreek leaves), crushed
- 2-3 Tbsp Distilled white vinegar
- Canola or vegetable oil for Frying
T-fal frying pans are my all time favorite. Check out this one as it has a nice stay cool lid and a long temperature resistant handle to assist with frying and
- Pour few table spoons of vinegar on Fish fillets thawed on room temperature and coat well.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes,wash with water and drain.
- Rub ginger and garlic paste on fish fillets and leave aside in a colander for about half an hour.
- In a seperate bowl mix together besan/chick pea flour with all the ingredients except oil and mix well to make a smooth batter.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame.
- Coat the fish in batter and mix them very well to make sure fish is evenly coated on all sides.
- Drop each fillet slowly in hot oil.
- Do not stir for first couple of minutes.
- Turn the fillets after two to three minutes and cook on the other sides.
- In about 5-6 minutes fish fillets will be done. Cook another few minutes to make extra crispy and brown like the picture shown below. Keep heat medium through the process.
- Enjoy crispy golden fish fillets with hot sriracha sauce....simply delicious.