- Food and Cooking
Grandma's Recipe: Raspberry Cake
My grandmother makes some great food. She always fed us really well. I'm not much of a cook, so I go to her for recipes. This cake is very tasty and you may like it or you may not. You can always use different fruit to make this cake. Before you make anything, always wash your fruit and prepare it correctly. If any fruit is from a garden, make sure it is pesticide free. If there is any chemicals, it can make you sick.
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Shortening
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Raspberries
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Mix all ingredients together except for the raspberries for one minute.
- Slowly stir in the raspberries.
- Pour into a greased and floured square pan: 9 X 9 X 2.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. Use a tooth pick to check if it is ready. If the tooth pick is clean, it is ready.
Raspberries are great for your health, because they have vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber in them. This type of berry can help with your immune system and help protect you from cancer. They are also great for the women's reproductive system as well. Don't have too many, because you can have a stomach ache, but they are good for your health.
© 2017 Brittany Banks