- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Great Apple Tuna Sandwich Recipe
Who doesn't crave a nice tuna sandwich every once and a while. This quick, simple, and very tasty recipe will be sure to leave you fully satisfied.
- 7.1 onces (1 pouch) Packed Tuna
- 1/2 cup Chopped Apples
- 1/3 cup Mayo of your choice
- 1/4 cup Chopped Celery
- 2 tablespoons Finely Chopped Onions
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1/4 cup Walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 3 or 6 Lettuce Leaves
- 3 or 6 Tomato Slices
- 6 slices of bread or toasted
- Combine mayo, celery, onions, relish, sugar, and nuts in a large bowl.
- Add in the tuna and apples in to the mayo mixture. Mix well
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take the tuna mixture and spread 1/2 cup on to 3 slices of bread or toast.
- Top each sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes, and remaining bread/toast slices.
|Serving size: 1 Sandwich|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Carbohydrates 33 g||11%|
|Fiber 7 g||28%|
|Protein 24 g||48%|
|Sodium 705 mg||29%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|