- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- Western European Cuisine»
- British Cuisine
Great British Dishes: The Full English Breakfast!
You can add to and you can subtract from the basic ingredients, but as long as you are frying bacon, egg and tomato, you are halfway to the culinary paradise that is the Full English Breakfast.
- Black pudding
- Baked beans
- Hot oil
- With the sausage already cooking in the pan, add the rashers of bacon (back, middle, or streaky, any sort will do) cooking for 5-10 minutes depending on the cut. Add the sliced black pudding. Turn each as necessary.
- At the same time gently heat the beans and cook the mushrooms in butter or olive oil.
- Fry the halved tomato about five mins. from the end, trying to keep the juices out of the pan.
- Set aside the bacon, black pudding, sausage and tomato, and making sure the oil is hot, crack an egg into the pan. I like my egg firm, uncrispy, with a soft yolk, so I spoon hot oil onto the egg with the ring turned down.
- Serve with toast, buttered bread (bread may also be fried in the bacon fat), tomato ketchup or HP sauce.
|Serving size: 1 plate|
|Calories from Fat||549|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 61 g||94%|
|Carbohydrates 91 g||30%|
|Sugar 26 g|
|Protein 36 g||72%|
|Sodium 1996 mg||83%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
How to ...
- English Fried Breakfast Full Monty egg bacon beans black pudding sausage fried slice mushrooms - You
As part of the HOW TO COOK GREAT NETWORK - http://www.howtocoogreatfood.com Also take a look at our channel for other great cooking genres. And look at the w...
Not To Be Taken Internally
The Occasional Monty?
How often do you eat a Full English Breakfast?
© 2013 KevinStantonMcClintockMACantab