A Great and Simple Christmas Dessert!
Star Cookie Christmas Tree
This is a simple but wowing Christmas Dessert which is portable and fun for everyone. Multiple trees might need to be made depending on the amount of people at your event but you are sure to WOW everyone with your beautiful eatable Christmas Tree!
- 3 Cups AP ( All Purpose) Flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 and 1/2 Stick Butter, Unsalted
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt, 1/8 teaspoon if using rock salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar, lightly packed
- Sift together flour salt and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Cream together butter, sugar, brow sugar, and eggs until smooth, in a smaller mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the wet mix to the dry stirring gently as you add mix. Use a hand or stand mixer for this part to turn out a great dough.
- Once everything is incorporated kneed with hands to create a ball of dough, wrap in plastic wrap or wax paper and chill for about one hour. (Dough can be chilled longer if you are not making the cookies right away. Dough will be good for up to three days in the refrigerator or three weeks in the freezer well wrapped.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (Oven temperatures vary depending on elevation and oven type.)
- After dough has chilled roll out on a well floured surface to about 1/8 inch in thickness. Use different size star cookie cutters to cut out cookies.
- Place cut outs on a NON greased baking sheet and back for between 15 - 20 minutes until golden on top.
- Allow cookies to cool on a cooling rack until cool to the touch.
- Frost cookies with desired colors and stack alternating the points of the stars to give that Fir Tree effect. Use the smallest star as the top of the tree by adding a bit more frosting and standing it on end.