- Food and Cooking
Great Comfort Recipes and Ideas
Who doesn't love comfort food,those dishes that we as American can't seem to get enough of? Today, I will list some interesting and delicious dishes to get your taste buds going. These recipes are simple and great for any occasion. My list will include two meats, one seafood idea, a pizza, salad and a simple desert dish for your enjoyment. I hope you find this hub delicious and interesting. Now lets get started.
#1 Bacon BBQ Ranch Cheeseburgers
Bacon BBQ Ranch Cheeseburgers
- 2 pounds ground sirloin beef
- 1 (1 once) package of ranch salad and season mix
- 1/2 cup of Hunt's Original BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup of ranch dressing
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (2.1 once package of fully cooked bacon, heated
- 6 slices of Monterey Jack cheese, cut into triangles
- french fried onions, optional
How To Make Tasty Burgers
- Mix ground beef with seasoning in a large bowl until well blended. Shape beef into six patties about 6x3 -inches each. Whisk together BBQ sauce in small bowl. Set aside for later use.
- Spray grate of outdoor grill and utensils with grilling spray. Preheat grill to medium heat. Grill patties 5 minutes on one side or until juices begin to appear on surface. Turn patties over; top each with 3 slices bacon. Cook about 4 minutes longer; top each patty with 2 triangle pieces of cheese, overlapping to cover patty. Remove patties when cheese begins to melt.
- Spread barbecue-dressing mixture on bottom of each roll. Add a lettuce leaf. Place cooked patty with bacon and cheese on lettuce. Spoon additional barbecue-dressing mixture over cheese. Sprinkle with fried onions, if desired. Serve immediately.
#2 Country Spare Ribs
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Ready In: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Makes: Six to seven servings
- 2 1/2 pounds pork spareribs
- 2 (18 once) bottles of BBQ sauce
- 1 onion quartered
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Place spareribs in a large stock pot with barbeque sauce, onion, salt, and pepper. Pour in enough water to cover. Bring to a low boil, and cook approximately 40 minutes.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil grate. Remove spareribs from the stock pot, and place on the prepared grill. Use the barbeque sauce in the saucepan to baste ribs while cooking. Grill ribs, basting and turning frequently, for 20 minutes, or until nicely browned.
#3 Comfort Pizza
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook time:10 minutes
Ready In: 30 minutes
Makes: About 3 to 4 servings
- 1 (14 ounce) package prebaked pizza crust (such as Boboli).
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) package crumbled blue cheese
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place pizza crust on the prepared baking sheet.
- Mix chicken and 3 tablespoons wing sauce together in a bowl until evenly coated.
- Spread 1/2 cup wing sauce on the pizza crust; top with blue cheese, chicken mixture, and celery. Cover pizza with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pizza is cooked through and cheese is bubbling, about 12 minutes. Cool pizza about 5 minutes before cutting into squares.
#4 Basil Shrimp
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time:5 minutes
Ready In:1 hour and 30 minutes
Makes: 8 to 12 servings
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 lemons, juiced
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard (such as Grey Poupon Country Mustard
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- white pepper
- 3 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
1. In a shallow, non-porous dish or bowl, mix together olive oil and melted butter. Stir in lemon juice, mustard, basil, and garlic, and season with salt and white pepper. Add shrimp, and toss to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Preheat grill to high heat. Remove shrimp from marinade, and thread onto skewers. Discard marinade.
3. Lightly oil grill grate, and arrange skewers on preheated grill. Cook for 4 minutes, turning once, or until opaque.
#5 Strawberry Spinach Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 10 minutes
- 2 bunches spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, toss together the spinach and strawberries.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, paprika, sesame seeds, and poppy seeds. Pour over the spinach and strawberries, and toss to coat.
Strawberry Pretzel Desert
Best Desert Ever
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 2 hours
Yields: About five to six servings
- 1 1/2 cups of crushed pretzels
- 4 1/2 tablespoon white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 (8 once) packages of cream cheese
- 1 (8 once) container of frozen whip topping, thawed
- 1 (6 once) package strawberry flavored Jell-O
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 1 (16 once) package of frozen strawberries
How to Make This Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Mix together the crushed pretzels, 4 1/2 tablespoons sugar and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cup of white sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread evenly over the cooled crust. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the gelatin mix and boiling water. Mix in frozen strawberries, and stir until thawed. Pour over cream cheese mixture in pan. Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 1 hour.