The Worlds Best Crock Pot Meals
Crock Pots, Recipes, And More.
Most crock pot recipes can be put together in 15 to 30 minutes. You only have to chop and measure the ingredients, turn it on and in a few hours you can have a really wonderful meal waiting on you.
You'll find that some recipes also call for sauteing meat, onions, or other ingredients before you add them to the crock pot, and turn it on. Depending on the size of the crock pot or slow cooker crock pots can handle food for a small crowd, so you can easily double small recipes or select recipes that make 8 - 10 servings.
The beauty of the crock pot is its plug and cook feature. Toss everything in the pot, switch it on, and let the pot do its cooking thing. But can it really go the distance unattended> Yes, it can for the most part. Experience indicates that some foods such as pot roasts that cook for 8 - 10 hours, will occasionally stick in cookers that have bottom only heating elements. But an infrequent stir - once every two hours will take care of this problem.
Slow Cooker Basics
Its logical isn't it? Crock pot cooking makes for fast, great-tasting meals that fit your busy schedule. Here's how the process works. Early in the day, ingredients are prepared and go into a crock pot or slow cooker. There they simmer and blend for 3 - 8 unattended hours. Then, whenever you say, " Let's eat" a fabulous main event - entrée, stew, or soup - is ready to serve to your family, friends, or etc.
You may not know it but crock pot cookery has been around for centuries. Electric crock pots became real popular in the 1970s. But a decade later or so, many cooks considered them to be unsophisticated relics of a bygone era. Not so, say the crock pot manufacturers. According to them, the really handy appliances never really went out of style. Millions of cooks including me continued to buy and use them. I've been cooking wonderful pots of beans in them for forty or more years. Here you'll find all kinds of wonderful recipes for the crock pot.
Please Vote This Hub Page And Its Recipes Up
Easy American Paella For The Crock Pot
American Paella Recipe For The Crock Pot Or Slow Cooker
Wild rice makes classic Spanish Paella an American main course. Complete this delicious one-dish meal with something like Italian Cream Cake for a delicious meal that everyone will love. You could also include Cheddar Bay Biscuits with this oh so delicious meal and I bet it will be a huge hit. Click either of those two links for that recipe here at Hub Pages. Both of those recipes are really good and turn out perfect every time.
Ingredients For Your American Paella Recipe
1. 2 1/3 Cups Chicken Broth.
2. 1 Large Red Or Purple Onion Chopped Up Fine.
3. 1/2 Pound Boneless Chicken Thighs Or Breasts Cut Up In Small Pieces.
4. 1 Jar ( 4 Oz. ) Roasted Red Peppers Drained Well and Diced.
5. 1 Teaspoon Turmeric.
6. 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves.
7. 1 Level Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper.
8. 1/3 Cup Wild Rice.
9. 1 Cup Long Grain Brown Rice.
10. 1/2 Pound Deveined, Shelled, And Tails Removed.
11. 1 Cup Frozen Green Peas.
12. 1 Cup Fresh Or Frozen Whole Kernel Corn. ( Optional )
Combine the broth, onions, chicken, roasted red peppers, turmeric, thyme and black pepper in the crock pot. Cover and cook on high for 3 - 5 hours.
Now stir in the shrimp and wild and brown rices. Cover and cook until the shrimp and rice are tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 1 1/4 to 2 hours. Add more chicken both if you need to while the rice is cooking if needed. Stir in the peas and corn if your using it and cook about 30 more minutes.
You'll find you have a really rich and delicious dish that is truly the best American Paella that your ever going to make and serve in your life.
Low Country Chicken Stew Is So Delicious
Low Country Chicken Stew
Rustic chicken stews like this one are loaded with vegetables and flavorful herbs. Enjoy carrots, potatoes, white beans, and mushrooms steeped in the gentle flavors of garlic and herbs. This type of chicken stew has been made in the Charleston area of South Carolina for the last 200 or more years. It has French influences and flavor like you'll never forget. Its one of the best chicken stews I've ever tasted and is so very easy to cook in the crock pot or slow cooker.
Ingredients For Your Low Country Chicken Stew
1. 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil.
2. One Pound Chicken Breasts Or Chicken Thighs ( Bones And Skin Removed ) cut into 1 inch cubes.
3. One Cup Cubed Portobello Mushrooms.
4. 1 Can 14 Oz. Chicken Broth.
5. 1/4 Cup White Wine.
6. 3 Large Potatoes Peeled And Sliced Thin.
7. 1 Can Great Northern White Beans Washed And Drained.
8. 4 Carrots Peeled And Sliced Thin.
9. 2 Tablespoons Minced Fresh Garlic.
10. 1 Teaspoon Ground White Pepper.
11. 1 Teaspoon Ground Sage.
12. 1 Teaspoon Poultry Seasoning.
13. 1 Level Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper.
14. 1/4 Cup Fresh Well Chopped Parsley.
Instructions For Making Your Low Country Chicken Stew.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and mushrooms and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is lightly browned, about 8 - 10 minutes.
Combine the chicken mixture, broth, wine, potatoes, beans, carrots, and herbs in the crock pot. Cover and cook on low until the chicken is cooked through, the potatoes are tender, and the flavors are blended which will take 6 - 8 hours. Stir gently about every two hours.
Serve your Low Country Chicken Stew over hot buttered white rice in large bowls with squares of corn bread. Garnish with the fresh chopped parsley. Click that link for a really great corn bread recipe here at Hub Pages.
You can also try serving this delicious Low Country Chicken Stew over Homemade Biscuits
and consider serving the World's Best Coconut Cake with this delicious meal. Click any link here and it will take you to that recipe here at Hub Pages.
Chicken Parmesan In The Crock Pot
Chicken Parmesan From The Crock Pot
In this simple dish, the classic duo of tomatoes and cheese takes chicken from ordinary to extraordinary. So be sure to bookmark this Hub Page for future reference. I promise you its so delicious, you'll have numerous requests to serve it again and again. I always cook spaghetti and serve it on the side with my Chicken Parmesan. Its also delicious with Italian Cream Cake, and Cheddar Bay Biscuits. Click those links for those wonderful recipes here at Hub Pages.
Ingredients Needed For Your Chicken Parmesan
1. 1 1/2 Cups Crushed Italian Tomatoes.
2. 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic.
3. 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts or 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs.
4. 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil.
5. 1 Teaspoon Sugar.
6. 2 Tablespoons Red Wine.
7. 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
8. 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese.
9. Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste.
10. 1/4 Teaspoon Celery Seeds.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and sauté, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 10 - 12 minutes.
Combine the chicken, tomatoes, garlic, sugar, wine, and celery seeds in the crock pot. Cover and cook on low until the chicken is cooked through and a meat thermometer registers 170 degrees in the thickest piece of chicken.
Combine the cheeses in a small bowl and sprinkle them over the chicken. Don't stir. Cook until the cheeses are melted about 15 - 20 minutes. Then serve with spaghetti with marinara sauce over it on the side. Click that link for great sauce recipes here at Hub Pages.
Here We Have Lime Salsa Pork Chops
Lime Salsa Pork Chops
In this dynamite dish, the familiar flavors of lime, onions, and tomatoes complement succulent pork while hot, tender potatoes soak up all the intriguing flavors. Serve with a garden salad and Cheddar Bay Biscuits for a wonderful meal that will not soon be forgot. Click that link for that great recipe here at Hub Pages. I suggest serving Lemonade Stand Pie for dessert. Click that link for the recipe.
Ingredients For The Lime Salsa Pork Chops
1. 1 Cup Vegetable Juice.
2. 4 Boneless Center Cut Loin Pork Chops.
3. 1 Teaspoon Lemon Pepper.
4. 1 Lime cut into eight slices.
5. 1 Sweet Onion sliced up very thin.
6. 1 Cup Medium Hot Salsa.
7. 1 Teaspoon Dry Thyme.
8. 6 Small Red Potatoes Quartered.
9. Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste.
Start off by pouring the juices in the crock pot and arrange the pork chops in the bottom. Sprinkle lemon pepper over them. Top with the salsa and the thyme. Arrange the potatoes around the pork chops.
Cover and cook on low until the pork chops are cooked through and the potatoes are tender which will take 5 - 6 hours.
Serve the pork chops topped with the lime, onions, and salsa. Top the potatoes with the salsa.
Great Recipe For Swedish Meatballs In This Recipe
Swedish Meatballs From The Crock Pot
Swedish Meatballs, with their singular allspice and nutmeg seasoning, make for a delightfully quick and delicious dinner. I suggest serving over egg noodles for a wonderful tasting meal.
Ingredients For Your Swedish Meatballs
1. 1 Cup Beef Broth.
2. 1/4 Pound Ground Beef.
3. 1/4 Pound Ground Pork.
4. 1/2 Cup Quick Cooking Oats.
5. 1 Large Egg.
6. 2 Tablespoons Dried Minced Onions.
7. 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley.
8. 1 Teaspoon Allspice.
9. 1 Level Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg.
10. 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce.
11. 8 Oz. Wide Egg Noodles.
12. 1/2 Cup Sour Cream.
Start by pouring the broth into the crock pot.
Combine the beef, pork, oats, egg, onions, parsley, allspice, nutmeg and the Worcestershire Sauce in a large bowl. Form the mixture into 16 walnut size balls. Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat the meatballs up. Brown for 8 - 10 minutes rolling the meatballs around.
Remove the meatballs to the crock pot. Cover and cook for 5 - 8 hours until the meatballs are cooked thoroughly.
In the last thirty minutes stir the sour cream in and cook the egg noodles by package directions.
Serve the meatballs straight from the crock pot over the well drained cooked egg noodles.
Crock Pot Pork Chops
Crock Pot Pork Chops
Here we have delicious crock pot pork chops that if made right are some of the best pork chops your ever going to eat in your life.
You want to start off by breading several bone in center cut pork chops with flour, ground sea salt, and ground black pepper. You then brown them in a hot skillet until they are just browned not cooked. As they get browned on each side transfer the pork chops to the crock pot.
Add a cup of beef broth to the crock pot before you add the browned pork chops to the crock pot. Then add all your browned pork chops to the crock pot.
Now cut up a one pound carton of button mushrooms in thin slices and add them in on top of the browned pork chops. Add a couple tablespoons of margarine on top of the mushrooms and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook on low for 5 - 6 hours until the pork chops are well cooked and the mushrooms are done. Serve on top of homemade mashed potatoes for a real tasty treat. Click that link for a delightfully delicious mashed potatoes recipe that you and everyone in your house is sure to enjoy.
I suggest making and serving the cake known as General Robert E. Lee Orange Lemon Cake with these really delicious pork chops. If you click any recipe link here on this Hub Page it will take you to a delicious recipe for that item here at Hub Pages.
Slow Cooker Or Crock Pot Cooker Tips
1. Be sure that items like vegetables and meats are fully thawed before you add them to your crock pot.
2. Think food safety when working with your crock pot. After you cook your foods and serve them from the crock pot the food should be removed from the crock pot and stored in covered plastic containers in the refrigerator. Spray the inside of plastic containers with vegetable cooking spray before you add any food to them to make clean up easier. When you reheat food it needs to be reheated to at least 140 degrees. And always remember to clean the sides and bottom of your crock pot.
3. Keep the lid on your crock pot. Resist the urge to keep raising the lid on the crock pot. The more often you open the lid the more time that will be needed to cook your food in the crock pot.
4. Always brown your meats before you put them in the crock pot for the best results. You will end up with much better flavor if you brown your meats before you add them to the crock pot.
5. If your adding potatoes or carrots to a crock pot meal in the crock pot always add the potatoes or carrots in the bottom of the crock pot. They will cook much better this way and take on a lot of wonderful flavor.
6. Add any tender vegetables in the last hour or two of cooking time. This will prevent your tender vegetables from being cooked completely away.
7. Be sure that you choose the right size crock pot to cook any crock pot meal and that you add only the liquid called for in the crock pot recipe. If you'll do those two things your crock pot meals will always turn out much better.
Please Vote In Our Poll.
Did you find the crock pot recipes and other crock pot information above helpful?
Be Sure To Check Out These Great Recipe Sites
© 2014 Thomas Byers