Great Crockpot Recipes-Chicken Stroganoff
Crockpot Chicken Stroganoff
One of my favorites is Beef Stroganoff, but with beef prices what they are right now, why not do a chicken version? This recipe turns out a satisfying meal that goes great anytime. I used two shortcuts here. A chicken gravy mix and baking mix. If you prefer, you can substitute your own chicken gravy or baking mix.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope (.87 to 1.2 oz) chicken gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves,, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 16 oz. bag frozen stew vegetables, thawed
- 1 4-oz. jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- Mix sour cream, flour, gravy mix and water in 3 1/2 to 4-quart crock pot until smooth. Stir in chicken, stew vegetables and mushrooms. Cover and cook on low heat setting 4 hours or until chicken is tender and sauce is thickened.
- Stir in peas. Mix baking mix and onions. Stir in milk just until moistened. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto chicken-vegetable mixture.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of dumplings comes out clean. Serve immediately.