Great Crockpot Recipes-Mexican Style Chicken Stew
This is a simple stew to make in the crockpot if you like tex mex style food. I prefer to serve it with warm flour tortilla's, but you can use biscuits or crackers if you like.
- 2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 med russet potatoes,, peeled and cut very small pieces
- 1 (15 oz) jar mild salsa
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 oz) pkg taco seasoning mix
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 can sweet corn, (optional)
- 1 package flour tortillas
- Mix all ingredients except the tortillas together in the crockpot, cook 7-9 hours on low. Serve with warm flour tortillas. You can also serve with corn on the side or it is good mixed in it too.
- You can certainly serve it with shredded cheese or for a really creamy flavor use cream cheese.