- Food and Cooking
Great Old Crab Dip Recipe
Looking for a delicious crab dip recipe? Look no further! This is a great old crab dip recipe handed down to me from my good friend and culinary genious Duce Arendell. The recipe below is for a great big batch of crab dip with old bay seasoning. This recipe makes about 3 cups of dip, and is perfect for cocktail parties and other gatherings.
- 2 cups freshly cooked crab meat, (or 12 ounces of canned crab meat drained and flaked with the cartilage removed)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup fresh sour cream
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp fresh snipped dill, (or one tablespoon dried dill)
- 1 Tbsp finely shredded lime peel
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- cayenne pepper sauce
- black pepper and salt
- Old Bay seasoning
- a variety of crackers, (for dipping)
- In a large mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients except the crackers, salt, pepper, and Old Bay seasoning.
- Season the crab dip to your liking with salt, pepper, and Old Bay seasoning.
- Transfer your crab dip to a serving bowl.
- Refrigerate the dip (covered) for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
- Serve this Great Old Crab Dip with your favorite assortment of crackers for dipping.
|Serving size: 3 Tbsp of dip|
|Calories from Fat||153|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 17 g||26%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Unsaturated fat 14 g|
|Carbohydrates 2 g||1%|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 39 mg||13%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Did my buddy Duce hit it out of the park with this recipe or what! I know it looks and sounds good, but your verdict won't be in until you actually try it. I hope I gave you an easy-to-follow recipe, and I am anxious to get your feedback. Please come back and let me know what you think. If it's a homerun please show your support of this recipe by giving it a 5-star rating near the top of this page. If it wasn't so great I welcome your criticism as well. Thanks for stopping by Hubpages, and be sure to check out some other great recipes and articles while you're here.