- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Pies & Tarts
Rich Pumpkin Pie Recipe - Awesome!
One of the best pumpkin pies I ever tasted! If you have only ever eaten store bought pumpkin pies then prepare for a taste adventure. The pies you get from stores simply do not comapre to this one in my opinion.
This recipe is awesome and makes 1 big pie or 2 small ones. The taste is very appealing. We make this every Thanksgiving and Christmas. It takes a little over an hour to make (including cooking time) but well worth it.
This recipe is rich and spicy. If you like pumpkin pie, you're gonna love this. If you love pumpkin pie then prepare for the next level!
- 1 cup Sugar, you can use substitutes for this such as honey
- 3 cups Prepared Pumpkin, basically seived cooked pumpkin
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt, This is optional
- Blend prepared pumpkin, sugar,eggs and milk completely. Add in the spices one at a time, allowing time to blend. Continue mixing until all ingredients are well blended.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie pan (with crust) and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 350 and bake for 45 minutes or until the pie has swollen up and is firm in the middle on top.
|Serving size: 155|
|Calories from Fat||135|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 15 g||23%|
|Saturated fat 5 g||25%|
|Unsaturated fat 10 g|
|Carbohydrates 41 g||14%|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|Cholesterol 65 mg||22%|
|Sodium 349 mg||15%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
© 2012 Robin Olsen