Four Layer Dip with Cream Cheese, Beef, Cheese and Salsa
Great Dip Recipe for Poker Night
4 Layer Dip
Looking for an easy recipe that will be a big hit at the next party? This recipe is great to make quickly at home, or construct at home and take it to go.
- (2) 8oz. Cream Cheese Bricks (softened to room temperature)
- 4 cups of Mexican Blend shredded Cheese
- 1lb. Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 16oz. Medium Salsa (or whatever heat your friends and family prefer)
- Tortilla Chips for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Brown the ground meat and set aside on paper towels to drain the grease.
- In a 9x13 pan spread the (2) cream cheese bricks evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Evenly spread the ground meat on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Spread the salsa evenly over the top of the ground beef.
- Sprinkle the Mexican Blend shredded cheese evenly over the top of everything.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese on the top is completely melted.
- Eat with Tortilla chips and enjoy!
When I started making this dip I never used any meat and it was one of my favorite dips. Then I met my meat and potatoes eating fiancé, and he suggested adding the ground beef. Both ways are delicious, but adding the ground meat is a great way to "fill up the players".
If you want a little extra zip you can add taco seasoning to the meat. I have also substituted the beef for ground turkey and it tastes great and is a little better for you .