Beef Stir Fry Pepper Steak
You will not get a dish this good eating out.
It took me several years to get the ingredients right for this recipe. This is the best beef stir fry I have every tasted anywhere. I always get compliments from everyone who eats this dish.
It is important to chop your meat and vegetables approximately the same size.
To save on prep time, you may chop the vegetables a day ahead and store them separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator. You may also prepare the meat a day ahead with the marinade and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator. However, it is not necessary to marinate the meat overnight to receive the full flavor.
- 1 LB Beef Stir Fry strips or Top Round Steak, Cut in 2 or 3 inch strips
- 1 tsp Sesme Oil
- 1 TBS Brown Sugar
- 1 TBS Cornstarch
- 3 TBS Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Dash Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper, Cut thin 2 or 3 inch strips
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper, Cut thin 2 or 3 inch strips
- 1 Large Yellow Bell Pepper, Cut thin 2 or 3 inch strips
- 1 Large Onion, Cut thin 2 to 3 inch strips
- 2 Cloves of garlic, Minced
- 3 - 4 TBS Olive Oil, LIght Olive Oil for Cooking
Yummy Beef Pepper Steak Stir Fry!
- If you bought beef strips, make sure none of them are longer than 3". If you are cutting the meat yourself, cut against the grain approximately 2 to 3" long and no more than 1/4" thick.
- Combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, sesame oil and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Stir all ingredients together until mixed well. Add beef strips and stir to coat the beef. Cover bowl to allow the beef to marinate while preparing the vegetables.
- Cut up the bell peppers and onion into approximately 2 to 3" strips about 1/4" thick or less. . The thinner the meat the more tender it will be.
- Mince up the 2 to 3 cloves of Garlic to equal 1&1/2 tsp
- Cooking Utensils, use at least a 12" nonstick fry pan with 2 or 3" sides or a Wok. If using a Wok, you will probably have to cook the meat in two batches. You can use a heavy large pan and get the same results, but must cook at a high heat.
- Heat pan over medium high heat and add 1 TBS of Olive Oil and 1/2 tsp of garlic and stir together for a few seconds (don't burn garlic) add all of the onions. Continue stirring frequently until the onions look translucent but are not limp. Remove from pan and put in a large bowl.
- Add 1TBS of Olive Oil to the pan and stir. Add the bell peppers and stir frequently until done but a little crunchy. Add to the bowl of onions.
- Add 1/2 tsp of garlic and 1 TBS of Olive Oil to the pan and stir. Add the meat reserving the marinade left in the bowl. Cook and stir meat until the color changes from red to light gray. You may add a little more Olive Oil if needed. When meat is done, add the bowl of onions, bell peppers, reserve marinade and sir together. Cover and simmer over low heat for 2 minutes and serve over rice.