Noodles with Lemon and Herbs
Fresh Asian noodles which absorb the flavours that they are cooked in. A dish that takes 15 minutes from start to finish and is very kind on the palette. A dish for vegetarians but if you are not a vegetarian you will enjoy this one.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 lemon grass stalk, finely sliced
- 2.5cm (1inch) piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 350 grams fresh egg noodles, cooked
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, light
- 1 lemon, juice
- pinch sugar
- 2 tablespoons chives, snipped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- garnish lemon zest, fine strips
- Heat the oil in a wok or large, deep frying pan, add the spring onions, lemon grass, and ginger, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the noodles and toss over the heat for 2 minutes. Mix together the soy sauce, lemon juice, and sugar, and pour over the noodles. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes, or until the noodles are heated through.
- Sprinkle the chives and parsley over the top, then toss with the noodles and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve at once, garnished with the lemon zest and spring onion.
|Serving size: 1 serving|
|Calories from Fat||54|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 6 g||9%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 65 g||22%|
|Sugar 18 g|
|Fiber 4 g||16%|
|Protein 14 g||28%|
|Cholesterol 15 mg||5%|
|Sodium 600 mg||25%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|