- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Vegetable Ingredients
How To Cook Fresh Green Beans With Bacon
About Green Beans with Bacon
This is one of my go to recipes on the days friends and family stop by. Everyone seems to really enjoy them, and I can not blame them I mean who dose not like bacon. if you already have your fresh green beans trimmed and cut, then this recipe only takes 15 minutes to make, and goes really well with anything you want to make it with. I like to sever it with fried chicken and mash potatoes, but green beans with bacon also has a place at my holiday table.
If you have any questions or comments please leave them below, as I love to hear from you.
What You Need
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 clove garlic, fine minced
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 5 bacon strips, diced
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut, frozen can be sub if needed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- You can Add nuts like, pecans or almonds if you like
How You Do It
- If not already done, wash, and trim the ends off green beans, and cut in half
- In a skillet over medium high heat, melt butter, onion, galric and add the bacon. Fry bacon until crispy.
- place beans in a pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil. Cook, for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well
- add Beans, and lemon to pan with onion, season with salt and pepper, you can add nuts at this time if using.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated though and tender, toss to mix, and sever
See How It Is Done Here
Other Recipes You Might Like
- What The Fork Are You Cooking: Chicken Potato Bake
- Roasted Chili-Lime Chicken
This is amazing sweet and somewhat spicy chicken recipes that will knock the socks off you family. It is a nice change from plane roasted chicken and will become a family favorite for summer.
- Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
A quick and easy chicken recipe that is sweet, and tender. That the family and friends will lover
- Meyer Lemon Pound Cake
A recipe for a super moist Pound cake made from Mayer Lemons. With a lemon aid recipe
Some Of My favorite Cookbooks You Might Enjoy
A really good cookbook for everything salad.