- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Seafood Recipes
Green Chile Salmon Burgers
Mouth Watering Good!
The New Mexico Hatch Chile is a very special chile. There IS a small town called Hatch in New Mexico. Right now the Hatch Chiles are in their early growing cycle. However, the chiles are roasted every fall and then frozen for a year long treat.
The NuMex Big Jim is in the Guinness World Book of Records as the world’s largest. The heat level from does vary widely but do keep in mind that the heat is in the seeds and the veins of the chiles. The NuMex is a medium to hot chile, overall, however.
There are other varieties to include: Biad’s Reserve NuMex Heritage 6-4, New Mexico 6-4, NyNex Sandia, and Barker’s Hot.
You can order directly from Biad Chile in New Mexico. Here is their web site: http://www.biadchili.com/index.php?main_page=numex_big_jim
I have also been known to use the Bueno Chile brand in a pinch. It is also a New Mexico product. I DO prefer the fresh frozen whole Biad Chiles though. That is what I would recommend for the salmon burger or the green chile hamburger.
This recipe uses the Big Jim NuMex Chile that was purchased from Biad Chile in New Mexico. You can purchase these chiles frozen and sent to your home. They come still frozen and ready to store in the freezer. I got mine last fall and am now down to the last three bags. I have been very judicious in using them. That is the only way I have any left at all!
Be sure and use the USA grown Hatch Chile as it is the best!!
- 3 NuMex Big Jim Hatch Chiles, sliced long way
- 2 Salmon patties
- 2 slices sweet red onions
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 shakes` Monterrey Chicken Seasoning
- 2 hamburger buns
Hatch Green Chile
- Cut and seed the chile. Leave in strips.
- Begin sautéing the chiles. Once they are charred on the first side, add the salmon burgers
- Shake some Monterrey Chicken seasoning on the first side of the salmon patties. Cook on high until the first side is browned. Turn over and shake the Monterrey Seasoning on the second side.
- Toast the buns and put the whole thing together. You do not need any tartar sauce!
Well, I did have a couple of NuMex Big Jims left over, so I chopped them and sautéed them. Then I threw them in some hummus. Green Chile hummus is wonderful too!
What else can you do with the left over chiles? Well, they are wonderful added to vegetable soup or chicken soup. Add them to a creamy ranch dressing to make a salad dressing that is very toothsome too!
If you put them in cooked zucchini, you have made Calabacitas a lovely flavored summer squash dish.
Now you are experience the true cuisine of the Southwest USA, New Mexico style! Here are some other wonderful recipes using the famous Hatch Green Chile.
More Green Chile Recipes
- DIY Roasting Green Chili's New Mexico Style
Roasted Hatch Chile
- Green Chile Gravy OR Sauce
Easy way to make delicious New Mexico Hatch Green Chile Sauce (gravy.) Yummy!
- Turkey Stuffing with Green Chiles
Use Green Chiles from New Mexico with left-over turkey to create a tasty stuffing dish for your family. A Chile cook-off winning recipe! Easy and inexpensive!
- Green Enchiladas with Tomatillo Sauce
Green Enchiladas (Tomatillo Sauce)