- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Green Gazpacho Shots
Gazpacho is gorgeous - in all forms, shapes and sizes. It's nothing more than a soup made of raw, fresh vegetables. It's perfect in warm weather, and even better when you can grab the best the garden can offer. My mama made the traditional tomato based version when I was growing up, and it was delicious. This version is just as good for all the same reasons - bright fresh flavor and amazing texture. And it's my favorite color.
I like this just about any way you can serve it - it works for a light lunch, or an elegant starter. But I really love it in little cucumber cups or shot glasses. The glasses make a great way to pass this at a party - and if you want to go mobile and have no dishes - use the cucumber cups. Winner all around!
- 2 cups lettuce, washed and very dry
- 2 cups spinach, washed and very dry
- 3-4 green onions, including tops
- 1 Tbl fresh parsley
- 1 tsp fresh mint
- 1 English cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbl white wine vinegar
- Sour cream and Sriacha, to garnish
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor or blender, and process until smooth. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- To serve, pour into bowls, small cups or shot glasses, or serve in cups of cucumber hollowed with a melon baller. Top with a dab of sour cream, and very tiny bit of the hot sauce.
- The Thrillbilly Gourmet
Applying classic technique to everyday food for spectacular results!