- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Low Calorie Green Omelette With Kale and Herbs
Rate The Recipe
What is Kale?
Kale is a leafy green vegetable with curly leaves. The beautiful Kale is considered to be the king of all vegetables. I admit I did not know about kale before I moved to USA as it is not usually available in other countries.After some research It came to my knowledge how beneficial this green vegetable is and including it in your diet can be beneficial to your health in many ways. It has a taste similar to spinach and is easy to mask when used in complex recipes,like omelettes,smoothies and salads.
Nutrition in Kale
A single cup of kale contains 206% of the RDA of Vitamin A and a very good source of Vitamin K,Vitamin C,Vitamin B6, and minerals like Magnesium and calcium according to a website.
If you are like me and do not like greens raw or alone you probably need to sneak it in your delicious recipes and kale omelette is an example. Whoever tasted this omelette could not figure out I put kale in it and found it very enjoyable. It is a breakfast full of vitamins and gives a lot of energy for a long day ahead.
- 10 Proven Benefits of Kale (No. 1 is Very Impressive)
This is a detailed article about kale and its health benefits. Kale is actually one of the healthiest and most nutritious foods on the planet.
- 1/2 cup Chopped Kale, Use fresh or frozen.Easily available in the frozen vegetable section of the grocery stores.
- 1/4 tsp Salt, or to taste
- Pinch of chilli powder or paprika powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil, or cooking spray
- 1/4 tsp Parsley flakes
- 1/4tsp Dry basil leaves
- A pinch Italian seasoning, Optional
How to Make delicious Kale omelette.
- Beat eggs in a bowl mixing salt and chill powder. Use paprika for more color and tanginess instead of chilli powder.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan or use cooking spray instead.Add chopped kale and onions(optional) and stir fry for a couple of minutes. sprinkle parsley flakes,basil and Italian seasoning.
- Add beaten eggs to cover the kale and onions.Cook for one minute on one side and another minute on the other side.
- Dish out and serve with whole wheat toast and sriracha sauce(optional)
- If adding cheese is desired then add at the last step,mix well, turn off the stove and take out the omelete in a dish.
For more amazing health benefits of kale take a look at this article that I came across on hubpges
- The Health Benefits Of Green Kale - The Leafy Vegeta...
Kale is a primitive leafy vegetable with numerous phytonutrients beneficial to health. To find out the health benefits of kale - the healthy vegetable that is among the top10 healthy vegetables' list, read on...
- Health Benefits of Kale
The health benefits of kale include it being a huge source of fiber, vitamins and cancer-fighting flavonoids. And since it's so easy to grow yourself, kale needs to be part of your diet!
I found this Kale in powdered form,even better to be used in many other recipes.
Would you like to try this recipe?
© 2015 Ash