How To Grill Chicken At Home: Easy Step By Step With Pictures!
Rate this delicious and simple home Grilled Chicken!
“There is no love sincerer than the love of food.”
― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman
Easy Grilled Chicken Recipe!
© Chitrangada Sharan Dec. 2013
All Rights Reserved.
- Chicken recipes are popular all over the world. As any other Non vegetarian item, there can be so many delicious recipes you can prepare with chicken.
- Besides Chicken curries or kebabs, my favourite is Grilled Chicken.
- On Sundays, Chicken recipes are my family' s favourite and Grilled Chicken is a unanimous choice, because it is light, non oily, nutritious and of course delicious.
- They are so simple to prepare and do not require much planning as well. Especially if you plan to have Grilled chicken, Only prior planning required is buying Chicken in advance.
- I prefer fresh chicken for grilling purposes. However if you are using frozen chicken, remember to thaw them quite in advance. All the moisture should be removed before marination. This can be done effectively by tissue paper as well.
Which Chicken do you normally use?
- 500 grams. Raw fresh Chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoonful Thick curd/ Yogurt
- 1 tablespoonful white vinegar
- 1 level teaspoonful Red chilli powder
- 1 level teaspoonful 1/2 tsp. Cuminseed, 1/2 tsp. Coriander, 2 Green Cardamom, 1 Black Cardamom,
- 1 tablespoonful Ginger-Garlic paste( in equal proportion)
- 1 teaspoonful Salt
- 1 teaspoonful Cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoonful Chat masala or Lemon juice, optional
“Pull up a chair. Take a taste. Come join us. Life is so endlessly delicious.”
― Ruth Reichl
Grilled Chicken Simplified!
- Wash the chicken pieces and dry them with a tissue paper. If you are using frozen chicken pieces thaw them completely and then wipe them dry.
- This is advised, so that the marination penetrates nicely into the chicken. You can select pieces of your choice but fleshy pieces are good for grilling.
- You can prick the flesh of chicken with a fork or make small cuts, before marination.
- Combine the chicken with wet ingredients, namely Curd, Vinegar and Ginger- Garlic paste thoroughly.
- In a food processor grind the dry ingredients, namely, Cumin seed, Coriander seed, Cloves, Black Cardamom Cardamom and mix with the Marinated Chicken pieces.
- Cover and keep aside, preferably in a refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat oven at 200 degree celsius. Oil the metal rack and place the marinated chicken pieces on it. Leave a little gap in individual pieces.
- Grill on one side for 20 minutes. Turn the Chicken pieces to grill on another side. Again grill for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle lemon juice/ Chat Masala(optional) over the finished grilled chicken pieces.
- Take out in the serving dish and serve hot with Green Mint or Coriander Chutney and tomato sauce.
- Low Calorie Gajar Ka Halwa or Carrot Delight
An immensely popular Indian dessert, Gajar ka Halwa or Carrot Delight as I call it. Here is a low calorie version , which cuts down on high calorie but not on taste and nutrition value. Check it out-
Which is your fevorite Chicken recipe?
Oven Toaster Grill OTG, Buy from Amazon
The Green Mint Chutney!
Green chutney is very popular in India even in ordinary meals. It is very simple to make with minimum ingredients.
What you need:
1 Cup cleaned and washed, Bunch of Green Mint or Green Coriander leaves,
1 Green chilly
1 tsp. Lemon juice,
Salt to taste
Combine and grind them in the food processor. Do not add water, as the green leaves combined with salt, leave lot of moisture.
1. Remember to brush the metal grilling rack with oil properly, so that the Chicken does not stick to it, while cooking.
2. Always use the Grill or Oven with cover for even cooking. This allows tender and juicy from inside, whereas crisp from outside.
3. Do not set temperature as too high. The Chicken pieces with bones might burn and will not be juicy enough. My Oven/ Grill provides ideal temperature at 200 degree celsius, but it might be different for your Oven/ Grill.
Please make an assessment of suitable temperature for grilling in your Oven/ Grill beforehand.
4. Use long handled wooden spoons or spatula for turning the chicken.
5. Test the chicken with a toothpick, to see if it is done.
6. Choose equal sized pieces for grilling. If you select some small and some big pieces, they will take different time for cooking.
Chicken legs or breast pieces of equal sizes are ideal for cooking together.
7. Remember to clean the Oven/ Grill for the next time, to avoid any unpleasant odour.
Hope you like this simple home Grilled Chicken!
© Chitrangada Sharan 16th December, 2013
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
Other Recipe Hubs By Chitrangada Sharan
- Delicious Leftover Food Recipes: Reuse Leftover Chic...
Who doesn't have leftovers in the kitchen. With a little imagination, turn them into delicious recipes. Reuse leftovers, Save money, save food! Don't throw away food, as many sleep hungry in this world.
- How To Make The Aromatic Indian Garam Masala Powder ...
If you know about Indian Recipes, you must have heard of the magical Garam Masala. Though available in Grocery shops,it is best to make your own, freshly ground Garam Masala, rich in Aroma and texture.
- Quick Low Calorie Breakfast Recipes: Soft, Spongy Dh...
Its a popular saying,'The way to a man's heart is through his stomach!' Well, sadly yes! And what to do if your man loves variety in breakfast too! A quick breakfast recipe that needs few ingredients.
- Indian Festival Sweets : Gram Flour and Semolina Bal...
A traditional Indian sweet, enjoyed almost on every festival or celebration in India. Commonly called, 'Laddoo,' it can have many variations in ingredients. I have used Gram flour and Semolina here.
- How To Make Shakarpara: The Popular Sweet In Indian ...
It is rightly said that no Indian festival or Wedding celebrations can be complete without sweets. Here is the recipe of Shakarparas, a must have in Indian weddings and festivals like Diwali and Holi.
© 2013 Chitrangada Sharan