How to Make a Grilled Ham and Avocado Sandwich - Easy Recipe
Sometimes, simple just tastes better. Read on to find out the four ingredients that make this grilled ham and avocado sandwich to die for! Who says you need cheese or even condiments to make a ham sandwich taste great?
I came up with this recipe while scrounging around in the fridge for ingredients to make lunch. As luck would have it, this recipe, even though simple, is one of the best sandwiches I have ever tasted. It makes a perfect lunch or share 1/2 with a friend for a filling snack idea. You could also make it into a tasty breakfast sandwich by including a few egg whites.
- 1 of your favorite sandwich rolls or Panini bread (I used a millet and flax seed roll, locally made)
- 2 slices of ham lunch meat (for optimal taste and health, I opted for organic honey ham)
- 1/3 of ripe avocado
- 2 pats of butter
Sandwich Press Deals on Amazon.com
- While assembling sandwich, pre-heat your pan, panini or George Foreman grill.
- Cut roll in half.
- Mash avocado on one half.
- Layer ham slices and put the other half on top.
- Spread a pat of butter on each half.
- Grill until brown and crispy and the sandwich is thoroughly heated.
- Slice in half and enjoy!
NOTES ABOUT THIS RECIPE
Serve this grilled ham and avocado sandwich with green apple slices for a mouth-watering experience.
If you can't stand the idea of not using condiments with a sandwich, then I'd suggest a smear of dijon mustard.
While I cherish the simplicity of this sandwich, I do think that caramelized onions could also compliment the flavors incredibly well.