Grilled Pork Chops With Sauteed Veggies
If you're looking for a different way to prepare boneless pork loin chops for a family meal, the following recipe will easily serve six people. These chops were marinated first in a herb and garlic sauce, and then cooked on a George Foreman Grill. They were not only juicy and flavorful, but tender as well.
Pork Loin or Pork Tenderloin
Nutrients in Pork
Pork "The Healthy Meat Choice"
- The leanest cuts of pork are tenderloin, followed by pork chops, pork steaks, pork roast, ham, then pork cutlets.
- Before cooking pork you should try to trim away as much of the fat as possible.
- At one time people were told to cook pork well done. This would make the pork tough and dry. Pork only needs to be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F/71°C. Ground pork and pork sausages do need to be cooked thoroughly.
- All pork can be safely frozen whether fresh or cooked.
George Foreman Grill
If you are planning to buy a George Foreman grill, I recommend purchasing one that has removable plates. I have an older model where the plates are not removable and I find it sometimes difficult to clean. With the newer models the grill plates are dishwasher safe.
Ingredients For Chops and Vegetable Topping
- 9 small boneless pork loin, chops
- 1/2 cup of Diana Garlic & Herb Marinade or similar product
- 1 red pepper, sliced thick
- 1 green pepper, sliced thick
- 6-8 green onions or scallions, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 TBS. of Parmesan Cheese, Freshly grated
- 1 tsp. Greek seasoning
- 1 TBS. extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and pat dry 9-10 small boneless pork loin chops.
- Place the chops into a dish to marinade. Pour 1/2 cup of marinade over the chops. Cover dish and set in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- When you are ready to start cooking the chops, preheat the George Foreman grill to 340°F. Once it is heated place chops on the grill and cook for approximately eight minutes or until chops reach 160°F internally.
- While the chops are cooking, prepare vegetables and heat 1 TBS. of extra virgin olive oil in a pan. Sauté green & red pepper slices with chopped scallions and chopped tomato. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. of Greek seasoning and stir.
- Once the chops are cooked put them into a serving dish, and top with the sautéed vegetables. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese.
One Boneless Pork Loin Chop (Approximate)
|Serving size: 3 ounces or 85g|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Carbohydrates 0 g|
|Protein 23 g||46%|
|Cholesterol 60 mg||20%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Instructions for salad
- Wash and chop first four ingredients, and put into a serving bowl along with the olives.
- In a small bowl combine oil, Greek seasoning, and pressed garlic. Whisk and add to the serving bowl tossing all ingredients.
- Add the Spring lettuce mix and toss well.
- Serve with a side of Feta cheese or add it to the salad.
Spring Mix Salad
- 8 radishes sliced
- 1/2 a large English cucumber sliced and quartered
- 1 Large tomato chopped
- 6 scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup of green olives sliced
- 2 large cloves of garlic pressed
- 2 TBS. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Greek seasoning
- 2 cups of Spring lettuce mix
- 1/4 cup of Feta or goat cheese
Time to eat
Place chops on a plate and spoon vegetables over the top. The fettuccine pasta was made from a package as I did not have time to make it fresh. Either serve salad right on the plate or in a side dish or bowl.