Grilling Fish and Chicken on a Panini Grill
Grilling fish and chicken on a panini grill is is an easy, quick and healthy way of cooking these foods. It takes about 4 to 10 minutes, doesn't need much oil or butter, excess fat is drained off, and the best part is the meat comes out juicy and delicious. That is if you use the right technique. It is the perfect dinner for evenings when you are too tired to cook something that will take a long time.
When grilling fish and chicken on an indoor grill such as a Panini maker it is important to make sure the meat doesn’t dry out. One of the best techniques for this is using flavored butters. Making flavored butter is easy. You will find the direction on how to make flavored butter at the end of the procedure for grilling fish.
Grilled Fish on a Panini Press Using flavored butter
- Seasoning of your choice and salt
- Any firm fleshed fish such as swordfish, tuna, salmon, cod etc.
- Olive oil
- Flavored butter of your choice
- Rinse the fish with cold water and pat dry.
- Brush lightly with oil.
- Season the fish as desired and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to high and brush the grill lightly with oil.
- Place the drip pan under the front of the grill.
- Place the fish such as tuna, sword fish, cod, grouper on the grill and close the lead.
- And cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place the fish on a platter and top each fish steak with a tablespoon of the flavored butter
- Serve immediately.
How to make flavored butter
Place one stick of butter that has been softened at room temperature and your preferred seasonings and flavors plus salt and pepper in a food processor and process till smooth. One of the best flavors for fish is garlic butter. The recipe is as follows.
Recipe for Garlic Butter
- Soften a stick of butter at room temperature
- Mix 2 or 3 cloves of minced garlic, 2 tablespoon of chopped parsley, and the stick of butter in a food processor
- Add salt and pepper to taste and process until well blended
You can use your imagination and make your own flavored butter according to what you like. I am just giving a simple example. Another example of a flavored butter is "lemon, basil butter" my favorite flavored butter for fish and chicken. It uses lemon zest, lemon juice, fresh basil with butter. It is absolutely delicous with grilled fish and chicken.
You can use this same recipe to grill chicken, turkey, pork, or steak.
Grilling chicken on a Panini Press
Here is another fast and way of grilling chicken on a Panini maker
- 4 Boneless chicken ties or breasts
- 5 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp. lime or lemon juice
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- · 3 Tbsp sugar
- · ½ tsp pepper
- Mix soy sauce, garlic, lime juice, sugar, salt, and pepper in bowel using a whisk.
- Place the chicken in a shallow dish and pour the above sauce over it.
- Cover and let it marinate for 2 to 4 hours, turn often to marinate all sides evenly.
- Preheat the grill to high and lightly oil the surface when ready.
- Place the chicken pieces on the grill and cook 4 to 6 minutes.
- Serve at once.
Basically grilling fish and chicken on a panini grill is a matter of not cooking it too long and using sauces and flavored butter or flavored olive oil if you prefer. You can experiment with your own sauces and marinades and see how they come out. You may be surprised on how good and juicy they taste.
Books on Grilling
More hubs on Panini Grills and Cooking with Them
- Panini Sandwiches: How to Make Some Delicious Ones Quickly and Easily
Panini sandwiches are one of the most delicious sandwiches but are at the same time very easy to make if you know how. They can also be very healthy depending on the ingredients you use and how you make them....
- panini grill
Panini grills are not just sandwich makers. The VillaWare UNO panini press that I have can grill stake, hamburgers, seafood, and chicken, not to mention juicy and delicious vegetables.