The Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill
The Task of Grilling Outside
I have always loved grilling and the delicious taste of food that comes off of a grill. Whether it is a hotdog or a steak, grilled food tastes wonderful. The problem with grilling outdoors is that it is often inconvenient. There are so many things that sometimes don't come together to make grilling outside possible. For instance, the weather doesn't cooperate and it starts raining or the wind is blowing so hard, it is difficult to get anything done. I have also had a thunderstorm begin before the cooking is done and the threat of lightning is no fun when you are standing next to a grill with metal utensils in hand. Getting the grill the right temperature and sustaining it can be a challenge too. Even with all of these issues, time is probably the biggest factor for me; it is a challenge to get the side dishes prepared and keep an eye on the outdoor grill, when trying to prepare dinner by myself. That is why I was so excited when I came across indoor grills. I didn't know they even existed other than the ones that are built into the kitchen.
The Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill
I came across an indoor grill when browsing the QVC website. It caught my eye when I saw the price was below $100. Grilled food taste, but made inside? No charcoal or gas? Yes, that sounded good. But I wasn't a true believer just yet. I watched the video that told all about this indoor grill, the Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill. Wow, it seemed to work well, but those infomercials can sometimes be deceiving. I always like to hear from actual customers, so I headed over to Amazon to see if they carried the same grill. I was so happy to find it and at an even better price plus free shipping! It had a 4 star rating with over 1200 reviews. That was really good.
While contemplating the purchase of the Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill, ,I searched other indoor grill options. Some of the features that stood out on the Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill were:
- Includes a tempered glass lid. I love using the lid after grill marks appear on the meat. Finishing off the cooking with the lid, keeps the meat moist an ensures that it is cooked thoroughly. It also serves to keep already grilled food warm.
- The large cooking surface makes it easy and convenient to cook for a large group. It also heats and cooks evenly across the entire grill surface.
- The grill is easy-to-clean with a non-stick grill plate and removable non-stick drip tray. No scrubbing is required if the gill is simply wiped immediately after use. The drip tray can be soaked in a mixture of vinegar and water for about 20 minutes to remove debris, or it can be covered with foil.
My Favorite Foods to Cook on the Delonghi Perfecto Indoor Grill
I love using this grill! It is easy to turn on, easy to watch over and easy to clean-up. Another benefit is that I can use it all year long with no problems. Over the past year, I have grilled several different types of foods. At the end of this hub, you will find a few easy and delicious recipes. Probably the meat I grill most is chicken. My family eats a lot of chicken and with some salt and pepper, that is all you need. I usually slice up chicken breasts, season and grill, using them to top off a scrumptious caesar salad. I have also grill chicken thighs for crockpot dishes such as my Greek chicken which is amazing. Adding that grilled flavor before putting meat in the crockpot, really takes the meal up a notch. My all-time favorite meat to cook is tender beef chunks on skewers mixed with fresh mushrooms, tomatoes and onions. It is so good and there are never any leftovers. And don't forget about those veggies! Sliced zucchini and squash is super delicious, but my favorite one has to be grilled asparagus. See below for all of these great recipes.
Grilled Parmesian Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus, rinsed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup parmesian cheese, grated
- Plug grill in and set on highest temperature. Grill should be ready in couple of minutes.
- Mix lemon juice and olive oil in small bowl. Get your basting brush out.
- Place rinsed and trimmed asparagus on the grill. Brush on lemon/olive oil mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wait 3-5 minutes.
- Use tongs to turn asparugus. Baste with any remaining lemon/olive oil mixture. Allow to cook about 3 minute.
- Push asparagus together tightly. Sprinkle parmesian cheese over asparagus evenly. Place lid on grill and wait 2-3 minutes.
- Use a large spatula to remove asparagus from grill to a platter. Dig in!
Additional Indoor Grill Recipes
It looks like I can only post one recipe per hub, so I will be creating additonal hubs with delicious indoor grilling recipes. I will place links on this hub as I complete them, so be sure to check back. Happy grilling!