Groovy Blueberry Honey French Toast
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 25 min
Ready in: 30 min
Yields: Serves 2-4
- 8 slices of bread
- 3 large brown eggs
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- coconut oil
- blueberry syrup
- Crack 3 large brown eggs in a medium size bowl.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk and cinnamon. Add as much or as little as you like. I like a lot of cinnamon, so I normally use about 1 teaspoon.
- Beat the mixture until it is frothy and smooth.
- Now you need 8 slices of whichever bread you prefer. This particular time, I just used plain white bread. Heat a skillet to medium-low heat. You don't want to completely scramble the egg on the outside of the bread, you want to cook the toast kind of low and slow.
- Dip your bread, one piece at a time, in the egg mixture. If you're using fresh bread, only dip for 10-15 seconds. If you're using day old bread, soak a bit longer.
- Add a bit of coconut oil in your skillet; just enough to lubricate it. You can use canola oil, sunflower oil, butter.. whatever you like.
- Once the bread is dipped and saturated in the egg mixture, lay it in the skillet. Sprinkle the exposed side with cinnamon and sugar before you flip it. The sugar will caramelize and form a bit of a crunchy crust.
- Stack 'em and drizzle with blueberry syrup and honey.