- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Beef Recipes
Beef Tacos Recipe, Guacamole Home Made
Beef Tacos and Home made Guacamole
Tacos made with lean Ground Beef and Taco seasonings are delicious and so easy to prepare. Fill either soft or hard shells with lettuce, Ground Beef mixture, onions, tomatoes, black olives, Giardiniera,Cheese and Sour Cream. Home made Guacamole is easy to make and is delicious as a Taco filling or served as a side dish with chips!
What You Will Need
- 1 Lb. Ground Beef
- 1 package Taco Seasoning
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 1 can sliced Black Olives
- 1 Avocado
- 2 cups shredded Lettuce
- 1- 8 oz. bag Mexican Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Salsa or Taco Sauce
- Giardiniera (Medium is hot enough for me)
- Tortilla Shells or
- Ground Corn Taco Shells
Prepare Your Taco Meat and Fillings
If you are using hard Taco Shells, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. The shells only need to warm for 3-4 minutes but they taste so much better heated up!
Brown the Ground Beef until it is crumbly.
While the Ground Beef is browning you can prepare the items you will fill your Tacos with.
- Cut up the tomato in small pieces
- Chop the onion
- Shred the lettuce. Iceberg lettuce is not very nutritious or tasty. I like to use Romaine or Green Leaf Lettuce.
- Slice the black Olives into smaller pieces. If you have whole Black Olives, cut them in fourths.
- Slice the Avocado into small pieces.
You want to be able to fit all the chosen fillings into the Taco Shell so make sure you cut them into small enough pieces. A soft shell (I prefer Azteca Tortilla Shells) is easy to stuff but the hard shells can fall apart easily. Use the extra large Ortega Yellow Corn Shells. They don't fall apart with the first bite!
- Once the Ground Beef is browned, add the Taco Seasoning and 3/4 cup water. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Heat the hard shells in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
- If you are using soft shells, microwave them for 20 seconds. When heated up they taste better, are more pliable and easier to stuff and fold over.
Spoon Sour Cream, Salsa and Giardiniera into small bowls. Place all cut up veggies side-by-side onto a serving board. Put Mexican Cheese into a small bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together
- Cover with Saran wrap
- Chill until ready to serve
Ingredients for Guacamole
- 4 Avocados, peeled and mashed
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of Garlic, chopped or minced
- small bunch of Cilantro, coursley chopped
- Sea Salt to taste
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 TBS Lime Juice
Leftovers? What a bonus! Turn the left over Taco filling into an easy to make Taco Salad.
For a light lunch salad start with the shredded lettuce and add the cut up vegetables. Sprinkle on Mexican Cheese. I like to use Giardiniera as my "dressing".
Taco Salad in Baked Shell
Taco Salad is great for dinner, too. Acteca makes a Taco Salad Shell that can be baked for a few minutes in the oven. You place it over the cardboard forms that come in the box. As it bakes it drapes over the form and becomes a bowl.
Fill Your Taco Salad Bowls
- Start with a bed of lettuce
- Add your cut up veggies
- Add seasoned Ground Beef
- Sprinkle with Mexican Cheese
- Add Sour Cream, Salsa, Guacamole or whatever toppings you most enjoy
The Taco Salad Bowl is edible, crunchy and delicious! Enjoy!