Goulash (German Gulasch) Recipe Cooking With the Electric Power Pressure German Recipes
Goulash in less than 30 minutes with the Power Pressure Cooker
German Goulash (Gulasch) The Power Pressure Cooker makes cooking Goulash quick and easy. Before cooking with the pressure cooker, it would take me about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to prepare the goulash, standing over the stove and constantly stirring. If the stew meat did not cook long enough this dish could turn out tough and chewy. Perfect tender and juicy every time. Cooks in 25 to 30 minutes!
Recipe from my Mother Johanna (Oma) Blanchette
Goulash (Beef Stew) Recipe Cooking with the Power Pressure CookerClick thumbnail to view full-size
Ingredients for Goulash Beef Stew
- 1 lb Stew Meet, Beef or Pork
- 1 pkg Maggi Beef Stew Seasoning Mix Gulasch
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 fresh basil, whole
- 1 small onion, chopped or sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp sour cream, optional
- 1 cup water
- 4 spriggs parsley
- 1 tsp paprika
Goulash recipe instructions
- Turn power pressure cooker to Chicken/Meat setting. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil, saute onions, garlic, mushrooms, and basil
- Add Beef or Pork and brown
- Prepare the Maggi Beef Stew Gulasch Seasoning mix in a separate pot. Add 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup of Red Wine and bring to a boil.
- Once the stew meat is browned add the Gulasch Mix. Place the lid on the Power Cooker, lock the lid and switch the pressure release valve to closed. Press the Warm/Cancel button on the Power Pressure Cooker XL. Press the Soup/Stew button and set the timer to 30 minutes. Once the timer reaches 0, the cooker will switch to Keep Warm. Switch the pressure release valve to open. When Steam is completely released, remove the lid.
- When the goulash is finished add 2 tbsp sour cream into the sauce and serve over noodles.
- Prepare the egg noodles according to package instructions. Serve the goulash over the noodles with a salad. Serves 4 --
- Garnish with Parsley and Ground Paprika
- Tip: Can be served with Spatzle
Goulash Seasoning Mix
Power Pressure Cooker XL
Pressure Cooker Reviews
- 10 Best Electric Pressure Cookers for 2016
A good electric pressure cooker can save any cook a lot of time. As a parent of five children time is at a premium. Here's my thoughts on my favorite pressure cookers of 2014 so far.
Safety Tips when cooking with the Power Pressure Cooker XL
Here are a few safety tips to keep in mind when using the power pressure cooker.
While the Electric Power Pressure Cooker is safer than your Grandmother's stovetop pressure cooker there are a few things to keep in mind.
Even though there are several safety features built into your pressure cooker. I strongly recommend that you read your owners manual to The Electric Power Pressure Cooker XL and Rice cookers.
1). Do not let children near the pressure cooker during the cooking process.
2). When using the power pressure cooker place the cooker in a location in your kitchen that will allow the steam to vent away from people, appliances, cabinets, windows or any other item that can be damaged from releasing the steam.
3). NEVER fill the pressure cooker above the MAX fill line.
4). Keep hands away from vent value.
5). Unlike stove top pressure cookers the vent value will not rock and spray steam. The Electric power pressure cooker will hold all the steam inside the pot. If steam is, in fact, escaping during the cooking process the value is not in the proper position. Using an oven mitt - Carefully adjust vent value until steam is no longer spraying from the lid.
6). The power pressure cooker has several built-in safety features.
- LID SAFETY LOCK
- PRESSURE & TEMPERATURE SENSOR CONTROLS - To maintain even heat and pressure by automatically activating or deactivating the power supply.
- BACKUP SAFETY RELEASE VALVE - If the temperature and pressure sensor malfunctions and the pressure builds beyond the maximum --the back up will kick in and release the pressure.
- CLOG RESISTANT FEATURE - This prevents food from blocking the steam release port. Be sure to clean the port after each use.
- SPRING-LOADED SAFETY PRESSURE RELEASE - Should all safety features listed above fail, this “spring-loaded” device located beneath the heating element will automatically lower the INNER POT, causing it to separate automatically from the RUBBER GASKET This will enable the steam and pressure to automatically escape around the pot LID, avoiding a dangerous situation.
- TEMPERATURE CUT-OFF DEVICE - Should the unit malfunction and cause the internal temperature to rise beyond the “Safe” limit, this device will cut-off the power supply and will not automatically reset.
IMPORTANT: Always remove the Pressure Release Valve and clean the opening with a pin to remove any blockage that might have occurred during the cooking process.
© 2014 Brigitte Thompson