Ham And Vegetables With Mostaccioli
This meal is a main dish that consists of vegetables, meat, and a pasta. It is delicious and goes well with a type of cheese you might select. It's hard to make cooking dinner any easier than this, because this is as easy as it gets! Not to mention this is only 291 calories so its very healthy and you do not have to worry about dieting when you cook with this recipe. Add some flavor to your diet as well without all of the irritating research and working to calculate every single micro nutrient that passes through your stomach.
Here's a saucy one dish meal for you and your family to enjoy. Meat, vegetables, and pasta all in one. Isn't that tempting? Of course it is. Low fat cooking can be made easy and delicious with recipes like this.
- 4 ounces mostaccioli
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon teaspoon dried majoram, crushed
- 1 13 ounce can (1 2/3 cups) evaporated skim milk
- 5 ounces fully cooked ham, cut into strips (1 cup)
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine zucchini, onion, and 1/4 cup water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 4 to 5 minutes or till vegetables are crisp tender; drain well. Return to saucepan
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan combine cornstarch, basil, majoram, a little of the evaporated milk, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Stir in remaining milk all at once. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Stir sauce, ham, and pasta into vegetables. Heat through. Makes 4 servings.
291 calories, 21 g protein, 46 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat, 23 mg cholesterol, 540 mg sodium, 696 mg potassium.
Thanks for reading and good luck on your taste filled adventure!