Happy Wife Happy Life Cook Book - Baklava
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 50 min
Ready in: 1 hour 10 min
Yields: 18 slices
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cups Diamond Finely Diced Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Tbs Ground Cinnamon
- dash Ground Cloves
- 1 package (40 sheets) Athens Fillo Dough 9" x 14", thawed
- MAKING THE SAUCE FOR YOUR FRESH BAKED BAKLAVA
- 1 cup Honey
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 table spoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Preheat over to 350. Combine walnuts, sugar, cinnamon, cloves in a bowl.
- Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place 17 sheets of dough into pan one at a time brushing each sheet with butter.
- Pour 1/2 of nut mix on dough and spread evenly.
- Top nuts with six layers of dough one at a time brushing each sheet with butter.
- Top nuts with remaining 17 sheets buttering each sheet one at a time.
- Score dough with 18 slices. Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes until golden brown. Remove Baklava from oven and set aside while preparing sauce.
- Place honey, sugar and water in sauce pan. Heat to a boil while stirring.
- When sauce is blended, remove from heat and pour over the warm Baklava. Let cool completely. Slice and serve.