- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Happy Wife Happy Life Cook Book - E Z Dills
Hey there...what's the Dill Pickle?? This is a quick and easy way of making good use of cucumbers from your garden or grocer.
- 10 lbs cucumbers, washed and sliced
- 1 - 6.5 oz pouch Mrs. Wages create Dill Pickles mix
- 3 1/3 cups white vinegar
- 7 1/3 cups water
- 5 quart sized Ball canning jars, steriized
- 1 Utensil set for Preserving, Jar lifter and magnetic lid lifter
- Sterilize canning jars and lids by submerging in pot of boiling water.
- cut off the ends of the cucumbers and cut into spears
- Prepare pickling spices per Mrs. Wages
- Using the Ball jar lifter, remove jars from the pot and pour out any boiling water inside the jar
- Stuff as many cucumber spears into the jars as possible.
- Pour pickling mixture into the jars up to the top. Use the magnetic lifter to lift the lids and put atop the jars
- Placed sealed pickle filled jars back into the boiling water for 20 mins.
- Let cool before refrigerating.