Happy Wife Happy Life Cook Book - Garden Veggie Bake
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
Ready in: 55 min
Yields: Serves six
- 1 medium zuccini, sliced 1/4 in thick
- 1 small egg plant, sliced 1/4 in thick and halved
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced 1/4 in thick
- 4 small tomatoes, sliced 1/4 in thick
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend
- salt pepper and Italian seasonoings, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400
- Pour 1/4 cup of marinara sauce in an ungreased glass pyrex dish and place chopped onion in dish
- Alternating, place sliced veggies in dish. Stuff in as many slices as possible.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and Italian seasonings over veggies and cover with foil.
- Bake veggies for 30 minutes, remove from oven, take off foil, sprinkle with cheese blend and pour on remaining marina sauce.
- Return dish to oven and bake another 10 minutes until cheese is browned slightly. Let cool and serve warm.