Happy Wife Happy Life Cook Book - Sea Food Gumbo
Are you Ready for This!!
A delicious broth enriched with fresh vegetables and loaded with treasures from the sea.
Ingredients - Organic Veggies Recommened
- 2 Stalks Celery, Finely Chopped
- 2 Carrots, Finely Chopped
- 1 Plum Tomato, Finely Chopped
- 1 Red Pepper, Finely Chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Sweet Onion, Finely Chopped
- 6 Jumbo Shrimp, Shelled, Deviened, withTail On
- 6 Scallops
- 1/2 lb. Jumbo Lump Crab Meat, Shell Removed
- 6-8 Oysters, Shucked
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 stick Un-Salted Butter
- To Taste Seafood Seasonings (Old Bay or Chef Paul Prudhomme's Blacked Redfish Magic)
- 1 tsp. Dried Rose Mary
- 1 tbs Dried Basil
- to taste Salt and Peper
- 4 tbs First Cold Press Olive Oil
- Melt 1/2 stick of butter in a large skillet, add veggies and sauteed until carrots are soft when pierced with a fork. Remove from heat.
- In a deep sauce pan melt other 1/2 stick of butter on low heat and gradually stir in 1/4 cup of flour. Simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- Put veggies in deep sauce pan. DO NOT STIR.
- Heat 3 cups of Veggie broth in micro wave for 3 minutes until Steaming Hot
- Wisk hot Broth into deep Sauce Pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and continue heating mixture (stirring often to prevent sticking) for twenty minutes. Mixture will thicken; add more broth if needed.
- Season Shrimp and Scallops on both side With Seafood Seasonings. Set aside.
- Shuck or steam open 6 oysters
- Heat 2 tbs olive oil in skillet on medium heat. Sauteed Scallops until brown on Both sides. Remove from heat aside and clean skillet
- Heat 2 tbs olive oil in cleaned skillet on high heat and sauteed Scrimp until pink (about 3 minutes per side). Remove from heat, set aside.
- Put oysters, crab meat, shrimp, and scallops into broth, stir GENTLY. Turn off heat and cover Sauce pan. Let sit for 10 minutes and serve with hot bread and butter. Yummy!!!